Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Bekah, there are programs that can organize your pix for you. Picasa was one I used a few years back, IDK what is current for PC because we have had an iMac for a few years now that does it automatically. Anyway, it can pull up pix (regardless of what folder they are in) by month or year, and you can "tag" them like you can in FB so you could say pull up all the pix that were tagged as Em.

I have been sending my folks and MIL a photo calendar of the kids every year for an Xmas gift for years. It didn't dawn on me until our last visit I should have been ordering one for me too all this time. Because they keep the old calendars with their photo albums, because basically that is what they are. IMO they are easier to make online that a lot of the picture books different providers have, they are often cheaper or at least have better specials/coupon codes than the books have (especially at the end of the year).

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Happy birthday Jess!

Cheryl I have no idea bout cushions for aspergers, but I think I read something a while back about a weighted vest to help children focus.

Our exercise plans fell through this morning since DH was asleep. I decided we will go after swimming.

Just finished school work in record time! J loves his new math book.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bekah I have a picture folder labeled "homeschooling" on my computer. In it I have our pictures organized by year and have a subfolder in each year for all 12 months. Since I keep a blog I have to dump pics out of my camera at least 1x a week. I also want to make a photo album for the kids. We got a "School Days" photo album last year from Michaels.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It has been snowing all day so we have not ventured out for cushions. I am pissed, it was supposed to be warm today so I sent the girls to school in raincoats, not winter coats. I do have one old chair cushion that we used as a starter pillow for Rosie as a baby (hoard much?) so I may dig that out and see what happens if I put it on a chair. Probably a fight to the death, LOL. Like I said this is more to stop the fidgeting due to discomfort as opposed to corral the impulses right now. Although I would love to see if the special cushion changes anything at school for G.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmm i should try...i swear very night that jack is going to be strapped to a high chair...
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I am stupid. I am just going to switch out the kitchen chairs with the dining room chairs, which are padded. I wish I could blame it on sleep deprivation but I think I am really that dumb on my own.

Calling psych's and autism centers. Even with insurance, this is going to cost an arm and a leg. I can already see my new sliding glass door money (to replace the non-working sliding glass door that the kids think is a window ) being sucked away. Dangit, I really wanted to be able to go directly out to the back yard without having to go through the front door or the garage. :wah: #firstworldproblems
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Morning mamacitas. Rough night last night. Somehow I pulled a muscle in my side, and it was so really painful we weren't entirely sure I didn't have something more serious. And I couldn't take anything, because I had just taken ibuprofen for my sinus/ear issues, and it did nothing for the side pain. I wound up sleeping or trying to sleep anyway,with an ice pack. Of course today it feels fine, unless I touch it. So I am trying to take it easy today so I don't aggravate it and make it start hurting again.

Totally second the suggestion of a walking cast Kari. You won't regret it.

I have been reading a lot of Asperger's books and one of the suggestions for a kid that won't sit still at dinner is to put a cushion, or a different cushion if the chair doesn't have one, in the chair. It's a sensory thing. So that is on the agenda for today.

The school is wrapping up G's evaluation and the lead has already called me with docs and centers that will take our insurance. She said it is very likely G needs medical assistance (meds, PT, OT) because her more aggressive reactions appear involuntary, and in her experience kids that have that issue for that reason need to have it addressed early before it gets too hard to control. So getting that set up is on the agenda as well.

Ian is happy as a bug this morning playing with his new action figures. So I am just chilling out for now.
Has Ginger been diagnosed now?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

I thought about those seat pads for the kids but they are so active now it'd not help to give them something to wriggle more on.

I spent a lot of time reminding the kids to put their feet down and to eat but it's getting better. Fynn cant sit once he's finished eating at all. It's something I've just got to accept. If I can get him to sit to eat then I've won IMO. If he eats while wondering around...I've still won. He ate. However if the food lands on the floor or he just point blank refuses to eat...then I've lost.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine, here to qualify for school services, you have a team at the school evaluate your kid first. This is because then you can get the testing that applies to your child for whatever reason paid for by the school. Then the team makes recommendations, which usually involves an educated guess at what the diagnosis is, and you go to a psych doc to get the official diagnosis. If you don't go through the school first you wind up paying for the tests OOP. Of course there may be additional tests she will take at the psych, but at least all the preliminary tests will have already been done.

The fly in the ointment ATM is that the legislation concerning Autism insurance coverage has very recently been changed (expanded). So there is a huge influx of people applying for medical services for Autism-related right now. And I'm still unclear what all is paid for and how much this is all going to cost us in the end.

So because there is crap all over the kitchen table right now (thanks Mom for sending all the stuff we deliberately left behind in Texas ) I had the kids eat at the dining table with the "squishy" chairs. And there was a huge decrease in the fidgeting. Of course, they also inhaled their food because they were starving, so it may have not all been the chairs. But it tells me I either need to switch the chairs or start feeding them in the dining room full time.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The chair pads come in a couple of types. A round rubber disc that is bumpy, there is a also a wedge shaped one that is bumpy. The bands are therapy bands. They can be tied to desk or chairs and allow the child use hands or feet to stretch it when they have extra energy bursts. Both are excellent for fidgety kids.

We had honey garlic meatballs for dinner Also poached some chicken to make stock and then chicken veggie soup for MIL's house tomorrow. This extra cooking is messing with my after school routine. sigh...
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote