Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: is it worth even trying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
Why are you afraid of a too big baby? Do you have a history of large babies?
yes. my babies get bigger by almost a pound each time. last baby at 39w 0d was 10 lbs 1 oz.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon's Mama View Post
I always try to do little things at the end to help things along. Nothing drastic, just lots of walking, DTD, etc. DTD works wonders for us...it always got contractions going and both of my previous pregnancies I was dilated a lot before ever hitting full blown labor. So personally, I don't see any issue with doing little things here and there to help your body. As far as having a big baby, most doctors seem to worry about that way more than mamas ever do so if it is an issue, I'm sure your doctor would speak up about it and do something if needed.
he has mentioned that baby could be big... especially because there's not really any reason that has been proven as to why i grow big babies. he has also said that he wouldn't be helping me by inducing me for a "big baby." except for the fact that he would be saving me from a c/s.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

There is always a possibility that this one wouldn't be that size and wouldn't be ready to come. Did you have trouble birthing the previous baby?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
She hasn't posted yet but the OP has posted before and is worried about a 11+ lb baby. If she is as small as her profile pic suggests I can understand her worry...
i'm 5'5' and about 120-130 NOT pregnant... my last baby was 10.1, the one before that - 9.4. they get bigger by almost a pound each time, and i am not entirely sure that my body could birth a baby much bigger than 10.1. :/ and he was born a week early, at 39 weeks. if i went to 42 this time, i could have a 12+ lb baby... realistically.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
There is always a possibility that this one wouldn't be that size and wouldn't be ready to come. Did you have trouble birthing the previous baby?
it depends on what you define as "trouble."

were there any complications? no. no complications.
clotting/dizzy spells afterwards, and i needed 9 stitches due to an episiotomy. it only took about 3 contractions to get him out, but i don't think it would have been that easy had the dr not cut me.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

I understand. I had a sunny side up baby my first and ended up with 2nd degree tears and 9 stitches.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I understand. I had a sunny side up baby my first and ended up with 2nd degree tears and 9 stitches.
i just kind of feel like him coming a week or so early is not more traumatic than having a c/s, for either one of us. especially if it were an emergency c/s (which it would be if i labored, just to realize he wouldn't fit out).
Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Please read some big baby birth stories to gain some confidence! There are 98 lb women who give vaginal birth to 12-13 lb babies. It sounds scary, but I'll say it again:

You won't grow a baby you can't birth barring a medical condition.

Episiotomies increase your chance of tearing, and its highly likely you tore last time because he came out so quickly and you didn't have perineal support.

If you induce too soon, chances are you will have a CS anyway. So yes, an early induction can and will be more traumatic for a baby who doesn't "choose" labor, so to speak.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
Please read some big baby birth stories to gain some confidence! There are 98 lb women who give vaginal birth to 12-13 lb babies. It sounds scary, but I'll say it again:

You won't grow a baby you can't birth barring a medical condition.

Episiotomies increase your chance of tearing, and its highly likely you tore last time because he came out so quickly and you didn't have perineal support.

If you induce too soon, chances are you will have a CS anyway. So yes, an early induction can and will be more traumatic for a baby who doesn't "choose" labor, so to speak.
Agreed. Plus I'd be weary of a Dr who induced "just incase". I left my previous group between my last baby and this one because they asked me if I wanted an elective c section at 39 weeks, and to have my tubes tied. Ugh. Nope!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Furthermore, make sure your doctor is trained in shoulder dystocia maneuvers, which is what happens when truly big babies won't fit. The shoulder can get stuck behind the pubic bone, but good care providers know different things to try to unstick the baby. You have what are referred to "proven hips" - you've successfully birthed babies before. You just need some confidence in yourself and your provider. :-)

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote