Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Anyone experience heavy pp bleeding a week after baby?

I had my girls 8 days ago, and I am experiencing a lot of bleeding, starting last night. I had the normal bleeding for the first couple days, it started to slow a bit, then I had some huge clots and the return of regular bleeding, but not tons of it. My mw thought the clots were just from laying down too long. Yesterday, right before bed, I felt at least here big gushes and my pad was completely soaked, along w my pants . Of course I called, and it died down some to a pad every two hours or so, but I don't know what to think. Its been like that since then. It feels like day after birth bleeding or several hours after. Anyone else have this happen, and any reason for it?

Brook, wife to D, mama of S('05), I('06), E('08), E ('11), Adella & Bria (4/16/13)
bai18176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Anyone experience heavy pp bleeding a week after baby?

I thought my bleeding was almost done, then had it pick up again a little over a week pp. Mine definitely wasn't as strong as you're describing, but it did go from basically gone to soaking a pad every 2-3 hours again Glad that you called, that sounds like a lot of bleeding out of nowhere!
cmarmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Anyone experience heavy pp bleeding a week after baby?

I experienced a great deal of bleeding after my first birth. I don't know the reason for it, but my ob was not concerned. I bled for 8 weeks, and I remember at one point thinking things were tapering off and then I felt like I was gushing blood again. I was told as long as I wasn't soaking a pad an hour that it was okay, and I didn't bleed quite that much, so I hung tight and it did eventually ease up.
SAHM to 4 girls ages 10, 8, 4, and 2.
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote