Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschool area pictures please--need some inspiration

We just turned a section of our basement into our school room. Lots of the shelves are still empty but we will grow into the room.

The far wall as you walk into the room from the stairs. Bookshelves, 9 cube organizes, white board.

Coming around the room. We used sheets to create the room division.

The white sheet is the "door". This is my desk, the computer, and my file cabinet where I will keep all their completed yearly files.

The wall with our calendar board, and the 2 maps that my Mom sewed for the kids.

Our table. It is 2 doors on top of 4 of the short 3 shelf bookshelves. We use counter height stools to sit at it, and I covered it with pages from our double Dr. Seuss Books.

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
We just turned a section of our basement into our school room. Lots of the shelves are still empty but we will grow into the room.

The far wall as you walk into the room from the stairs. Bookshelves, 9 cube organizes, white board.

The white sheet is the "door". This is my desk, the computer, and my file cabinet where I will keep all their completed yearly files.

The wall with our calendar board, and the 2 maps that my Mom sewed for the kids.

Our table. It is 2 doors on top of 4 of the short 3 shelf bookshelves. We use counter height stools to sit at it, and I covered it with pages from our double Dr. Seuss Books.
Ahh I can't see the pics for some reason. Maybe it's the ap? Anyways i love the description of the table! !
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post

I love the idea with the sheets. What size did you use? Is there stuff behind it or is it really just a room divider? I could use a room divider in my basement. Maybe it wouldn't be so cold down there in the winter with something like that!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea why you can't see the pictures. I put them in a folder on diaperswappers and made it public and then inserted them all in the thread.

I used twin size sheets. The reach floor to ceiling, with a little extra at the floor. The curtains are separating the school room from the back half of the basement. All our storage and deep freeze are in that back half on that side. The division is nice because if we use a heater down there, it just heats that space and I'm not losing heat to the rest of the unfinished basement.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

Ha that's what happens when i type distracted.... the table is what I meant lol. I'm going to log onto the pc and Check them out!
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
themrs83
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wrong thread.

Last edited by themrs83; 04-28-2013 at 09:02 PM.
themrs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Theses are old pictures but things have not really changed a whole lot .

Calendar area

Reading area (there is a taller book shelf there now . We out grew that one fast)

DD's art desk

DS's Art desk

Flag ,pledge and map

Chalkboard area

Classroom table where we do all of our work. The ABC's across the top have been replaced with vinyl letters.

Art supplies and some extra workbooks . The bin on top hold our daily supplies like crayons, glue, scissors , pencils and so on. Binders on the shelf hold all of the paper work for the week . Each binder has a different color folder for each day of the week . All of the paper work for the day will be in that folder. The purple binder has my lesson plans for the week and a list of activities for each day.

We don't always do school in our classroom.

Kitchen table

The living room (They were resting like bats after playing a game of echo location tag) Please forgive the naked bellies .

Outside. (trying to fly a kite to see how wind can power things)

At hotels while traveling with DH

At the park with friends looking for insects

At museums

At the zoo. (the train broke down so we had to walk, we learned a lot about how trains operate and the plant life surrounding the tracks .

Art Class

Live History parks

Last edited by AbbieJack; 04-28-2013 at 10:28 PM.
AbbieJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love the pictures everyone!!!
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jessica - I really want that seasons/weather poster! Where did you get it?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
7mom7
Registered Users

Where I keep the items I use most often/daily:

Last edited by 7mom7; 05-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote