Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #21
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschool area pictures please--need some inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
I almost never post pics online so we'll see how long I'm brave enough to leave this up This room is our school/play room.

Where the bulk of our learning occurs:

Where I keep the items I use most often/daily:

Toy and book storage (there's another white bookcase with toys on the other side of the piano):

I'm not really thrilled with our calender (obviously since it's not currently in use). I've looked at Mardel and haven't found the perfect one yet so we'll just hang on to this one for now. Yes that's a basketball goal in front of it...the kids and DH play with it ALL the time:

I love your holders for everyday items We bought a dry erase board this year and I wish I would have gotten one about the size of yours mine is about half the size and we use it everyday!! Even DH and the older boys use it for all types of things

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
I love your holders for everyday items We bought a dry erase board this year and I wish I would have gotten one about the size of yours mine is about half the size and we use it everyday!! Even DH and the older boys use it for all types of things
Someone on here suggested those to me when I was searching. That's what made me think I should post some pics. It really helped me when I was deciding on things too. They are spice racks from Ikea, $3-4 each I think. I just painted them white. That dry erase board was a huge blessing. I got it used for $50. Pretty much everything was used or given to us. I've just slowly gathered things over the past couple of years.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the spice rack idea!! Thank 7mom7! I agree seeing what other people do is helpful to get good ideas.

We don't have a room right now, but I'd really like one. We do have a wall that I need to get some shelving or something for. I have a set of plastic drawers but we need more space. I really need everything we use daily to be right at my fingertips. If I have to get up to get anything, my kids loose interest and wonder off...even though I tell them not to...of course.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is our space. It's the formal dining room off the kitchen. I just took lots of things down for spring cleaning. But there's an abc chart, two maps..... On my stairs in the older kids' library. They each have a cubby in the shelf. The bulk of my books are in the built-in in the living room. Oh....and there's a changing table in there too. It makes HSing and CDing easier :-)

Last edited by lisathib123; 05-31-2013 at 08:39 AM.
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yipee more great pictures!!! I just painted my dining room (school room) about the same color of green. I have proceeded to make quite a mess in their too. I think I need to put the things we use daily in the dining room and the bookshelves with the rest of our books in our bedroom....

Does anyone else keep the majority of their books in a different area? Any book stash pictures? How you keep it all organized?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven
Yipee more great pictures!!! I just painted my dining room (school room) about the same color of green. I have proceeded to make quite a mess in their too. I think I need to put the things we use daily in the dining room and the bookshelves with the rest of our books in our bedroom....

Does anyone else keep the majority of their books in a different area? Any book stash pictures? How you keep it all organized?
My books are ALL over the place. No system. I need one badly. I try to put all the books that are not in use in the living room and the books we are using in the school room.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #27
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have bookshelves in the school room, and also bookshelves in the living room. I try and keep school books in just the school room but that doesn't happen, and there are kids books on the bookshelves everywhere and in the kids' beds because they like to "read" before they fall asleep. My ultimate goal is DH's and my books upstairs in the living room and the picture books upstairs, then all the other kids books, reference books, school books in the school room. I have a LOVE of books, and I can't seem to get rid of them as fast as they migrate to our house.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #28
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post

Yes, I have 5 other bookcases in different parts of the house...and I'm running out of room!

*oh yeah, and a 2 drawer lateral file where I keep the junky looking stuff

Last edited by 7mom7; 04-30-2013 at 04:15 PM.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #29
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Jessica - I really want that seasons/weather poster! Where did you get it?
I bought it at a local teacher store back in 2011 but here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0018KSL3E
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittybitty3 View Post
I bought it at a local teacher store back in 2011 but here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0018KSL3E

So nice, I think I may need this