Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Paypal shipping to Canada?

I recently tried to ship a small package to a friend in Canada using paypal shipping, but as you probably foresaw, paypal stopped me to say I would need a customs slip. So I had to mail it from the post office (which is very difficult for me to get to).

As I am probably about to start a small WAHM here on DS and already have an interested Canadian customer, I am wondering, if I get a handful of customs slips to keep at home, will I be able to complete the transaction on paypal and just print out the usual postage sheet, adding the customs slip myself? Or do Canadian packages, even if they are under 13 oz, simply need to be taken to the post office?

TIA

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Paypal shipping to Canada?

For that matter, can I do it at home through the usps website w/o having to take it to the p.o.? I've googled this stuff but am confused. TIA!

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

You can if you ship priority to Canada but you can't ship first class international through PayPal or USPS.com. Btw first class international is up to 4 pounds.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, alas. Yeah, priority is too expensive to be worth it for my lightweight goods. No wonder I couldn't parse through the info online. Thank you, 5PrincessMommy!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
Tami
Registered Users
seller

You can ship FC international from home. However you need a service like Endicia or stamps.com to do so. If you're opening a business it is TOTALLY worth it. Then your carrier can pick up all your packages and you never need to go to the PO.
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmm, Tami, as tempting as that sounds, I only expect to be making about $20/month in extra cash once costs are counted. It's deodorant that is expensive to make in the first place, and I don't really anticipate making or selling more than 4-5 a month. It would be more like a hobby. Thanks for that info though, it may help someone else who's searching for similar information.