Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mini Minimalist Challenge: 4/22-4/26

The Mini Minimalist Challenge runs each week from Monday-Friday. Weekends can be used as catch up days, and would be a great time to drop off donations. Before & After pictures (or any other progress photos) are encouraged!

I will post the entire 5 days all at once, in case you would like to plan ahead or work out of order. Keep in mind that not all challenges will be relevant for every person or every home. If you find a challenge that does not need to be done, or is in an area of your home that you do not have, either consider it a day off or focus on an area that you really do need to work on.

If you're feeling extra motivated, this is also a good time to wipe down surfaces or vacuum areas that don't usually get much attention. You can consolidate items, eliminate packaging, or reorganize while working on the challenge in that area... but it's okay if you don't!

The goal will be to purge 5 things from each area. You may find more and you may find less, but you want to aim for at least 5 whenever possible. If you stick to just the minimum, you will purge 25 things from your home every week! Comment with your progress and to encourage others, and share with us your successes and struggles.

If you are new, feel free to jump right in where you are! Don't feel like you need to backtrack or catch up to us.

Week #17

Monday 4.22.13: Purge 5 items from your entryway, mudroom, or coat/hall closet. Are you in spring mode where you live? Still waiting? It's time to start thinking about spring and what might need to go into storage, and what stuff needs to be taken out as we shift seasons.

Tuesday 4.23.13: Purge 5 clothing items. Again, think spring/summer! This could be your stuff or your kids' stuff (or both!). It may be a good time to go through stored clothing and see what's not really worth keeping, what might fit now, etc.

Wednesday 4.24.13: Purge 5 items of paper clutter. If you find the time, do some filing and deal with any paperwork that you need to focus on.

Thursday 4.25.13: Purge 5 (non-clothing) items from your kids' bedrooms. This would be a good time to tidy up, dust, vacuum, reorganize anything that needs it, etc.

Friday 4.26.13: Your choice! Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

BONUS TASK #1: Clean out your dryer vent. These can be major fire hazards! You can take it apart behind the dryer to look for any build up, and you can also vacuum the vent out and/or buy a kit made for cleaning out the vents.

BONUS TASK #2: What does your front porch look like? Clean it up a bit, shovel or sweep it, give your front door a wipe down, and purge any junk.

BONUS TASK #3: On garbage day, go through your refrigerator and toss anything expired. Give the shelves a quick wipe down as you go through to get up any crumbs or spills.

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Monday 4.22.13:
1 too small jacket
1 broken shade
1 broken handle
2 broken something or others (don't know what it is but they are broken)

Tuesday 4.23.13:
35 items of clothing

Wednesday 4.24.13: decluttered the paper a bit, signed a permission slip & progress report

Thursday 4.25.13: tossed 5 happy meal type toys

Friday 4.26.13: cleaned up/decluttered front porch

BONUS TASK #1: Cleaned vent

BONUS TASK #2: front porch cleaned ~

BONUS TASK #3: fridge cleaned

Steamed the couches & DS2 wet the one cushion already ~

Jodie ~

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 04-28-2013 at 04:39 PM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 4/22-4/26

Way to kick start the week, Quickshep19! I didnt recognize you at first with your new, um, suggestive avatar.

I started the week by tossing half a medium sized moving box of papers and binders. The other half I need to scan in for reference. I'm thinking of making DH do that since they're his papers.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Monday 4.22.13: Purge 5 items from your entryway.
- 3 Legwarmers
- 2 Pairs of Shoes
- 1 Rain Jacket
- A tote bag full of plastic shopping bags (recycled)
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well aren't you a bunch of overachievers! lol... great job so far, my fingers are crossed for a really productive week. Maybe it's just spring fever and the fact that I am SO SICK of snow. So I am in spring cleaning mode, whether spring is ready or not.

Let's get rid of a LOT this week!

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
Way to kick start the week, Quickshep19! I didnt recognize you at first with your new, um, suggestive avatar.

I started the week by tossing half a medium sized moving box of papers and binders. The other half I need to scan in for reference. I'm thinking of making DH do that since they're his papers.
Lol. Is it too much? Its just a playdoh chameleon my 5 yo surprised me with. Maybe I should use the baby instead? Or my stash?

Jodie ~
Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Well aren't you a bunch of overachievers! lol... great job so far, my fingers are crossed for a really productive week. Maybe it's just spring fever and the fact that I am SO SICK of snow. So I am in spring cleaning mode, whether spring is ready or not.

Let's get rid of a LOT this week!
I plan to steam clean our couches but I just don't know if I can make myself do it. I hate that chore. It always makes my carpal tunnel act up.

Jodie ~
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need that as a bonus task for the next six weeks or so. Steam cleaning - yikes I have two couches and three recliners that all need it desperately.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
Fitnessrae
Registered Users
seller

Hi all. I am joining in! I just posted in the 2013 items in 2013, but if you didn't see my story, we just moved into or I should say traded houses with my inlaws, which means we inherited all of the STUFF that they didn't want to take with them. The house has been in the family since the early 1940's so it has been collecting items for a very long time. Basically at this point we can't finish moving all the way in until we get rid of a lot of their old stuff. Initially we purged approximately 500 items, but that barely made a dent. We have a full attic, basement, barn and 2 walk in closets to sift through still. Ugh. And we haven't moved all of our stuff he yet. So it is one heck of a project. I think this mini challenge will be great in helping me reach my goals, 5 items a day is very reasonable, and I am sure as I am grabbing my 5 items, I will grab a few extra!

Week #17

Monday 4.22.13: Purge 5 items from your entryway, mudroom, or coat/hall closet. Are you in spring mode where you live? Still waiting? It's time to start thinking about spring and what might need to go into storage, and what stuff needs to be taken out as we shift seasons.

Tuesday 4.23.13: Purge 5 clothing items. Again, think spring/summer! This could be your stuff or your kids' stuff (or both!). It may be a good time to go through stored clothing and see what's not really worth keeping, what might fit now, etc.

Wednesday 4.24.13: Purge 5 items of paper clutter. If you find the time, do some filing and deal with any paperwork that you need to focus on.

Thursday 4.25.13: Purge 5 (non-clothing) items from your kids' bedrooms. This would be a good time to tidy up, dust, vacuum, reorganize anything that needs it, etc.

Friday 4.26.13: Your choice! Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

BONUS TASK #1: Clean out your dryer vent. These can be major fire hazards! You can take it apart behind the dryer to look for any build up, and you can also vacuum the vent out and/or buy a kit made for cleaning out the vents.

BONUS TASK #2: What does your front porch look like? Clean it up a bit, shovel or sweep it, give your front door a wipe down, and purge any junk.

BONUS TASK #3: On garbage day, go through your refrigerator and toss anything expired. Give the shelves a quick wipe down as you go through to get up any crumbs or spills.
Fitnessrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
Lol. Is it too much? Its just a playdoh chameleon my 5 yo surprised me with. Maybe I should use the baby instead? Or my stash?

Jodie ~
It's a little much Stash shots are always nice.

On task: Purged 5 clothing items! And listed four items for sale, and got pics for other stuff to sell.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote