Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #131
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for more: May/June

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMelanie View Post

Then I posted an article I read about infertility and the ten ways that it really affects you on FB. My SIL, who always has to have everything about her (got pregnant with boy kids first month trying) posts about how she understands completely because it's just like the loss you feel having a baby prematurely (niece was born at 32 weeks). Makes me so angry. I could go into the horrible comparisons she's made in the past. But I don't compare anything to her having to go through that worry with a premature baby. She just can't not be the center of attention. I deleted her comment. But now I'm annoyed and upset tonight. Sigh.
I would be interested in the article.

Hope4More-

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #132
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another question for you ladies. I've always used clomid as the stimulant with a few other meds for other things. This time we're trying Femera. Everyone has told me the side effects are less. Clomid was aweful for me, major mood swings head aches, weight gain, ect... Well, took the first dose of femera this morning and now I'm SOOOO tired. I can't seem to get up off the recliner, can hardly keep my eyes open, my muscles feel weak, just so very exhausted, even though I felt fine when I woke up this morning and I even worked out. Is this normal for femara? Am I just one of the lucky ones that reacts to all drugs?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #133
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I would be interested in the article.

Hope4More-
It was actually a blog entry but I thought it was really good. Here's the link:

Ten Words That Describe Infertility
Calming the Storm
TexasMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #134
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
another question for you ladies. I've always used clomid as the stimulant with a few other meds for other things. This time we're trying Femera. Everyone has told me the side effects are less. Clomid was aweful for me, major mood swings head aches, weight gain, ect... Well, took the first dose of femera this morning and now I'm SOOOO tired. I can't seem to get up off the recliner, can hardly keep my eyes open, my muscles feel weak, just so very exhausted, even though I felt fine when I woke up this morning and I even worked out. Is this normal for femara? Am I just one of the lucky ones that reacts to all drugs?
I don't have any experience with Femara - I used Follistim. I'm sorry you're feeling so tired
Calming the Storm
TexasMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #135
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Day two of exhaustion. I think today was a combo of meds and gluten. I ate a bunch of cake dip at a party and then this afternoon took a three hour nap and I"m still tired.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #136
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Day two of exhaustion. I think today was a combo of meds and gluten. I ate a bunch of cake dip at a party and then this afternoon took a three hour nap and I"m still tired.
I looked it up: extreme fatigue and arthritis are main side effects on famara. How many doses total? And famara has a short half life, so when you stop it you should be good. Maybe take it at night?

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #137
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't remember if femara made me feel tired or not, but I do know they told me to take it in the evening.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #138
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't remember if femara made me feel tired or not, but I do know they told me to take it in the evening.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #139
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotzurk View Post
Well that sure would have been good of them to mention! I took it am, so I guess since I only have two more doses left I'll stay morning for this round. Next month we're moving on to injectables anyway so this is the only month it will matter for.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #140
auntkerri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really want my daughter to have siblings. Here is my story: 2 miscarriages, and then Little Miss Eliza Jane was conceived after 5 years on trying with help from progesterone, so approx 6 years until she arrived. When she was conceived I had just lost 14 lbs and currently weigh about 20 lbs more than that (Eliza is 15 months). Well at 4 months pregnant I was told that I really needed to be off my feet as we kept having spotting, so I resigned my job. We were also told we could not have marital relations until after she was born (uggh). After 32 hours of labor Eliza was born via c-section, they put me under and I now have an up and down scar not sideways. So now I am 41 and I am very nervous to try again, but we have not been trying to prevent. The pregnancy was not your normal relaxing pregnancy, it was full of ups and downs with a bad biophysical profile, bleeding, high blood pressure, and a fried valve that left me feeling like I am choking when it spasms (this is getting better finally) So, I am terrified to carry another. My doctor told me to do it right away if we want another. Well I would like another but do not want another surgery. I would love to adopt a sibling for Lil Miss Eliza but my hubby wants to try again. He is not the one who had to get on anxiety meds after the second loss (which I only took for 17 days as I hate meds). Any advise or support as long as it is kind hearted is welcome.
auntkerri is offline   Reply With Quote