Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
ISO several grammar nuts for a future editing project.

I am (finally) starting my book that I've been thinking about for about 15 months now. It's going to be about my journey with Jonathan, my preemie who passed at 27 days old.

I will need 15 people to each help edit one chapter of the book, looking for grammatical errors and wrong (but correctly spelled) words and things that I might have missed in my own editing. This is a long-term project, and it will probably be a while before I need someone, but I wanted to put feelers out and start putting a list together. I'm estimating that the intro will have about 2,500 words and each chapter will have about 5,000 words. I will only be able to offer about a penny per word, so the intro would be about $25 and the chapters would be about $50, but that depends on the exact word count.

I'm working on the rough draft of the intro today and tomorrow, and I hope to then move into rough drafts of the chapters at the same time as editing the prior chapters and the intro, but I don't have exact dates of when I'll need people. I'll be sending out the files as a PDF file with line numbers, and I would like either a Word or Notepad file or PM back with editing notes, referencing the line number. (For example, "The comma in line 342 doesn't need to be there. The "they're" in line 546 should be "there" instead.) I would like the notes back within a week, and I will pay when the work is completed.

If you're interested, post here, and also PM me with why I should pick you for this project. Links to posts here as samples of your normal writing will be helpful when I make my decision on who to bring on board for this project.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
360blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: ISO several grammar nuts for a future editing project.

PMing you. My degree is in English - writing, and I would love to help you. I am a grant writer - fundraiser by trade.

I had a stillborn son, Caleb, 5 years ago, so I understand a lot of the pain that you have been through. He was born at 34 weeks. I'm so sorry. No mama should ever have to bury a child. Would love to read your story about your precious son.
360blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
KinderG
Registered Users
seller

I'd love to! My first degree is in journalism and I worked as a copy editor in college.

PMAN! I'm on my iPad at the moment and not able to link effectively to posts -- I'm nursing my newborn!
KinderG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bump
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
gotomakan
Registered Users
seller

I would be interested. I have no qualifications except that I like grammar. :-)
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would love to help. I used to do college paper editing as a side job when DS was little.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Carebearmom22
Registered Users
seller

I am interested. My degree is high school English, and my specialty is writing instruction.

Trade Doc
EBates Get cash back for your holiday shopping!!
Carebearmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote