Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Alipop
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mastitis without a clog?

I'm wondering if anyone here has had mastitis and not had a visible/hard clog? I currently have been breastfeeding for a month and the last two days I have felt absolutely awful. Aching/sore all over, headache and exhausted. Plus I have been fighting a milk blister on my one breast and I have a deep shooting pain with every let down. The doctor today insisted it wasn't mastitis because she couldn't find a hard red spot or hot spot on my breast. I think it is because this is exactly how I felt when I had it with my first dd. has anyone else experienced this? I guess I could just be fighting something off but we haven't been exposed to anything to my knowledge and we rarely leave the house right now.

Advertisement

Alipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mastitis without a clog?

me. I get it with each child 1-2 times. not fun but i think its due to exhaustion and me sleeping on my belly at time.
i did not have a hard mass, but sometimes you do and it passes thru, you still get ill. i just kept antibiotics at home after a while. and drink LOTS of fluids
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mastitis without a clog?

It could be that you have a lump deep inside the breast tissue - that's happened to me quite often, though my breast does get fire red and hot to the touch when I get mastitis. A natural remedy (that works!) that you could try is:

1 tsp of Real Salt (available at many health food stores or online) mixed with 8 ounces of Reverse Osmosis (RO) water (like Dasani) up to 3 times each 24 hours for up to 3 days (just until symptoms stop). While you're doing the salt remedy, drink RO water throughout the day.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Alipop
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the advice - it was a deep clog. We spent yesterday nursing as much as possible while I drank a ton of water and it cleared - it definitely was from the milk blister I've been trying to heal since I actually saw some of the clog come out in the shower. My low grade fever is gone and the deep shooting pain with letdown has also vanished. Glad we could get rid of it before it turned into mastitis.
Alipop is offline   Reply With Quote