Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
karacloth1
Registered Users

Re: Are co-ops in trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
I ordered some aio thx diapers with the double gussets through a co-op and just got notified that thx will be making them without the double gussets and sending them.
Great! Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement

karacloth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

no. But places like THX are respecting the patent and not making diapers with the DG.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacloth1 View Post
Sorry, I just meant is it possible that a large co-op buy could be threatened by legal action. Obviously they couldn't "steal" it, just prevent the organizer from distributing the product.
then yes, they could, theoretically.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yes a patent holder can block a shipment. They can also put the seller on notice. If you know that there is a patent dispute regarding a particular diaper, do not get involved. Stay far away from the disputed product, as you don't want to run the risk of being dragged into court for knowingly importing/selling knock-offs.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

There are plenty of diapers available in co-ops that do not have inner gussets.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

So out of curiosity, if you want a custom diaper with double gusset is this nolonger possible to order? And does the double gusset apply only to that type of diaper? Not sure if it is a pocket but if it is how about double gusset on a fitted or an AIO?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think this mess will hurt KC more than it will help them, in the long run.
Kinda like FB.

I am sorry but there are only so many ways to make a diaper and nothing about the RaR is "inovative".

I am still shocked they got a patent for this, but I am not the patent office.

I always thought it didnt matter who came up w/the idea only who was able to afford to pay the $$ for the patent process, that's not new.

It reminds me of the dresses the famous wear on the red carpet, that the next week designers are making "cheap knockoffs" so the common people can purchase them.

Oh well I bought the "real thing" and was not impressed, they were too bulky for my dd, too wide in the crouch and I am all about giving her the most comfortable diaper experience that I can.
So they sit in my closet. I thought about reselling them and will eventually, but their resell value sucks and I dont expect that to change especially now.
Not because of the cheapies but KC own actions.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #18
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm glad KC is going after these shady companies and hope they do block or take shipments. It's so frustrating to see them blatantly stealing a design, using cheap labour to make them and having people support/defend them........it makes me angry. I feel bad for the reputable companies who lose out because of this garbage. Not to mention the aweat shop labour. I know, I know.....how do I know they are exploiting labour?...... Because the diapers are $5 (or less!) there's no way around it.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
I think this mess will hurt KC more than it will help them, in the long run.
Kinda like FB.

I am sorry but there are only so many ways to make a diaper and nothing about the RaR is "inovative".

I am still shocked they got a patent for this, but I am not the patent office.

I always thought it didnt matter who came up w/the idea only who was able to afford to pay the $$ for the patent process, that's not new.

It reminds me of the dresses the famous wear on the red carpet, that the next week designers are making "cheap knockoffs" so the common people can purchase them.

Oh well I bought the "real thing" and was not impressed, they were too bulky for my dd, too wide in the crouch and I am all about giving her the most comfortable diaper experience that I can.
So they sit in my closet. I thought about reselling them and will eventually, but their resell value sucks and I dont expect that to change especially now.
Not because of the cheapies but KC own actions.

I was just on KC fb page and yeah they dug themselves into a hole there, they are just going to lose customers and the products they sell are going to lose value because nobody is going to want to own the products.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #20
SPD
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sure they can block shipments....as US Customs just did with fake Prada purses, etc...
GoGreen is still in business and still produce double gussets....It's costs a lot of $$$$ to fight your patent! Good luck to everyone involved!
SPD is offline   Reply With Quote