Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #21
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs
I'm glad KC is going after these shady companies and hope they do block or take shipments. It's so frustrating to see them blatantly stealing a design, using cheap labour to make them and having people support/defend them........it makes me angry. I feel bad for the reputable companies who lose out because of this garbage. Not to mention the aweat shop labour. I know, I know.....how do I know they are exploiting labour?...... Because the diapers are $5 (or less!) there's no way around it.
Kc uses cheap labor too. They just charge outrageous prices for the diapers so they aren't perceived the same. They are made in china using the same quality of labor and supplies.

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are co-ops in trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
Kc uses cheap labor too. They just charge outrageous prices for the diapers so they aren't perceived the same. They are made in china using the same quality of labor and supplies.
Hmm.... I'm going go ahead and stick up for RaR and some of the other diaper companies that manufacture in China. I can't comment on the labor practices of either because I truly don't know. I don't work at Alva or RaR to know this type of thing. What I do know is that RaR and one other brand in particular that does manu in China are of superior quality to Alva and other "China Cheapo" diapers. Its not even fair to say they are using the same materials. Not saying China Cheapos are poor quality, because a lot of them aren't. Now if you are comparing RaR to THX, then I have no idea. I've never seen a THX diaper.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #23
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Hmm.... I'm going go ahead and stick up for RaR and some of the other diaper companies that manufacture in China. I can't comment on the labor practices of either because I truly don't know. I don't work at Alva or RaR to know this type of thing. What I do know is that RaR and one other brand in particular that does manu in China are of superior quality to Alva and other "China Cheapo" diapers. Its not even fair to say they are using the same materials. Not saying China Cheapos are poor quality, because a lot of them aren't. Now if you are comparing RaR to THX, then I have no idea. I've never seen a THX diaper.
From the comparisons I have seen of kc vs thx they have all said the quality is almost identical. They also say thx isn't an exact replica of kc but that's not the point. They have said the quality is great in both.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #24
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That's a huge assumption to make.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have both thx newborn an lil Joey newborns and they are pretty much identical! Same quality of materials and everything!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
From the comparisons I have seen of kc vs thx they have all said the quality is almost identical. They also say thx isn't an exact replica of kc but that's not the point. They have said the quality is great in both.
Is the stitching quality the same, is the PUL the same quality, etc? How about the longivity? I realize we are talking about newborn diapers, but I wonder if anyone could comment on this.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
Tambelina
Registered Users
seller

I'm reading through the posts here and am a bit confused. Did FuzziBunz patent double gussets and now they don't want any other diaper companies to make double gusset diapers? If so, that's pretty ridiculous because there are all kinds of products on the market that look like all the rest but are made by a different company. For instance, there are thousands of brands of jeans, but they all have 2 legs.
Tambelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Is the stitching quality the same, is the PUL the same quality, etc? How about the longivity? I realize we are talking about newborn diapers, but I wonder if anyone could comment on this.
Mine aren't in yet and I can't afford a little joeys diaper to compare side by side when it does come in.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #29
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambelina
I'm reading through the posts here and am a bit confused. Did FuzziBunz patent double gussets and now they don't want any other diaper companies to make double gusset diapers? If so, that's pretty ridiculous because there are all kinds of products on the market that look like all the rest but are made by a different company. For instance, there are thousands of brands of jeans, but they all have 2 legs.
I'm heading to the patent office right now.

Kevin O Leary said he hates the garment industry just because everyone patents everything and no one can regulate it. (He also loves it for that reason).
The had some guy on dragons den (Canadian shark tank) who had a patent for some kind of design and he said he was in the process of suing other companies who used this design. They basically told him good luck and sent him on his way.

Oh also it was a company called KangaCare that just patented double gussets.
But fuzzibuns comes up because the owner from KangaCare acted a bit silly about the 'china cheapies' similar to how the owner from fuzzibuns did years ago (maturity wise). It's not the same company though.

Last edited by 77Lipen; 04-30-2013 at 08:18 AM.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #30
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Mine aren't in yet and I can't afford a little joeys diaper to compare side by side when it does come in.

Wonder if anyone has pictures?