Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
not sure what to do.

Normal?

Every diaper is poopy. Every.single.one.

If he's not sleeping, he's crying. Even some feedings are fussy/crying.
He just isnt happy

He has man sized toots.......farts. No joke, the other kids dont think they.re his.

He only nurses for 1-7m at a time:/ just 4 days ago it was more like 8-15 minutes. What gives?

Im lost, tired, losing my mind. Dd puked in the xarseat this am and then ben's dipe leaked all over me at bible study. Not my day.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

The poop thing is totally normal. Ds and Nate was/is like that. Did you notice the change in nursing after he got his clip done? Maybe he is just a more proficient nurser? Is he still emptying you?

So sorry mama! Hope the afternoon is better!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: not sure what to do.

No advice, just
Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

He got a tie clipped? If he is a more efficient nurser and nursing only for brief periods of time it may be possible he is getting too much fore milk and not enough hind milk.

Babies whose moms have too much milk will often exhibit symptoms such as fussing, pulling off the breast, colicky crying, gassiness, spitting up, and hiccupping. They may want to nurse frequently, and they may gain weight more rapidly than the average baby (who usually gains 4-8 ounces each week during the first 3 or 4 months), or they may gain weight more slowly than the average baby. Their stools may be green and watery, and their bottoms may be red and sore. The mother’s letdown reflex may be so forceful that the baby chokes, gags and sputters as he struggles with the jet of milk that sprays too quickly into his mouth

from this sitehttp://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/oversupply-too-much-breast-milk

From your description your baby is exhibiting many of these symptoms.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
He got a tie clipped? If he is a more efficient nurser and nursing only for brief periods of time it may be possible he is getting too much fore milk and not enough hind milk.

Babies whose moms have too much milk will often exhibit symptoms such as fussing, pulling off the breast, colicky crying, gassiness, spitting up, and hiccupping. They may want to nurse frequently, and they may gain weight more rapidly than the average baby (who usually gains 4-8 ounces each week during the first 3 or 4 months), or they may gain weight more slowly than the average baby. Their stools may be green and watery, and their bottoms may be red and sore. The mother’s letdown reflex may be so forceful that the baby chokes, gags and sputters as he struggles with the jet of milk that sprays too quickly into his mouth

from this sitehttp://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/oversupply-too-much-breast-milk

This was my thought. Block feeding can really help if this is the problem. Good luck mama.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I do block feed. At least twice per side, but sometimes more depending on how short the feed is. I.ll check out the link.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah. I was going to say it sounds like over active letdown or hind/fore milk imbalance. Kellymom has really good info about block feeding.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Babies whose moms have too much milk will often exhibit symptoms such as fussing, pulling off the breast, colicky crying, gassiness, spitting up, and hiccupping. They may want to nurse frequently, and they may gain weight more rapidly than the average baby (who usually gains 4-8 ounces each week during the first 3 or 4 months), or they may gain weight more slowly than the average baby. Their stools may be green and watery, and their bottoms may be red and sore. The motherís letdown reflex may be so forceful that the baby chokes, gags and sputters as he struggles with the jet of milk that sprays too quickly into his mouth

this is exactly what was happening to me, I had an over abundance of milk. but at this point (he is over 3 weeks old now), it seems like my milk has balanced itself out and is not so plentiful. The frequent poops gave my baby a wicked diaper rash, but I feel like it has gotten better. Are you on any medications? my pediatrician said it can often cause more poops than normal. I was on an antibiotics and noticed a difference. I hope it gets better!!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Would i be able to easily express milk by hand?? I cant. Not even after i put him on for a few seconds..

And my breast arent ever really full. I do have wicked let down tingles.....kind of feel like hot needles, though not every time.

He does gulp still, i thought that would go away when he got his tt clipped.

So block feeding, expressing some before a feeding. So weird.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree the pooping every diaper sounds about right - some babies do, some go days between, both are normal.
Could be a milk imbalance, could be just colic or gas for some other reason (or no reason) too.
Less time nursing I would think is because of being able to latch and suck better/more effeciently. The feel of your breasts isn't a great indicator of milk or his nursing ability, so I don't really go by that. I don't think being able to, or unable to, express milk by hand or whatever is any indicator either - baby is much better at getting the milk out, kwim?

If his bottom is getting red or sore, I'd try putting probiotic powder on him for naps/nights. Actually, it may help him overall to start giving him them each day.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote