Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basic Wednesday

I was going to ask everyone...here the school librarians are usually the keepers of the computer labs too. Hence why they keep them around at least part time lest the equipment grow legs. In Texas the computer labs were part of the AV stuff, not connected with the library at all, but they always had a full time librarian anyway (and a school nurse, which does not exist here anymore pretty much anywhere). But of course now that so many schools are moving toward the iPad classroom sets (or at least shared sets, or a few for each classroom, etc) that may go away over time.

So what is your school librarian set up? A full time, part time/shared? Do they manage the computer labs too? Or other functions? Like Jen is pretty much like the Speaker of the Senate at her school, expected to run the joint when all the powers that be get incapacitated? Like I said before with our sitch, Texas school - full time librarian with no other department responsibility, old MI with funding issues - shared librarians 2x a week that also managed the computer lab, new school full time librarian that also runs the computer lab.

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our librarians also teach some middle school and high school English as well. Neither is full time by choice, but one of them will be next year. We are a small school with a little over 100 kids in preK-12. Average class sizes are 5-8 with some as small as 3-4 or as big as 11 or 12. Sadie has 7 in her class and Amelia will have 6 in hers next year. We have multi-grade classrooms, and the teachers are good managing two grade levels. The kids also learn appropriate ways to handle when teachers are working with another group for an extended period. Reading and drawing are encouraged in Sadie's classroom when homework is done.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
To save my job I will likely have to take on two new duties.
1 oversee the computer lab and the 2 educational assistants that work out of the computer lab on reading and math interventions. In other words male them play nice and share. Something they dont do well.
2 take on two RtI classes. Both will be high kids enrichment. We are designing the schedule so that all RtI is taught at the same time to everyone with an educational degree will take an RtI class at the same time. One math and one reading.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #24
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
RtI http://nichcy.org/schools-administrators/rti#what

Because so many students need tier 2 or 3 intervention in reading and math in my school there needs to be a place for the on grade level kids and that will be with me. I will be leading the other two specials teachers in providing enrichment.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 05-01-2013 at 10:20 PM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote