Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
rivemi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prayer for Custody Battle

Thank you again for your prayers. The court hearing yesterday did not go well. More drama ensued later that evening with my husband withholding my daughter from me and threatening to call the police if I came to pick her up on MY previously scheduled weekend.

A Guardian ad Litem was assigned to our daughter and the call back hearing for the GAL to give her recommendation is July 10th. I meet with the GAL for the first time this coming Thursday at 10am.

Thank you ALL for your prayers. I am grateful.

Advertisement

rivemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivemi
Thank you again for your prayers. The court hearing yesterday did not go well. More drama ensued later that evening with my husband withholding my daughter from me and threatening to call the police if I came to pick her up on MY previously scheduled weekend.

A Guardian ad Litem was assigned to our daughter and the call back hearing for the GAL to give her recommendation is July 10th. I meet with the GAL for the first time this coming Thursday at 10am.

Thank you ALL for your prayers. I am grateful.
So what is the custody right now?
Hugs and prayers
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
rivemi
Registered Users
seller

Right now there is no temporary custody order. However, the judge was lied to by my husband's attorney and the judge entered an order saying that my daughter's primary place of residence is with her father, which is not true. She is with me most of the time and only goes home with her dad one day a week and then every other weekend. The order says that we are to continue the visitation schedule we have already worked out.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Right now there is no temporary custody order. However, the judge was lied to by my husband's attorney and the judge entered an order saying that my daughter's primary place of residence is with her father, which is not true. She is with me most of the time and only goes home with her dad one day a week and then every other weekend. The order says that we are to continue the visitation schedule we have already worked out.
Oh wow that is scary that it shows his address as primary
Old 05-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
rivemi
Registered Users
seller

First I wanted to thank all of you for your support and express how incredibly grateful I am for this forum. I cannot thank you enough for all of your prayers. Thank you!

Now for the update. I met with my DD's GAL (Guardian ad Litem). I sang like a canary and told her everything I wanted to say to her. She told me that it was not right of my husband to bring his attorney to the mediation especially since I'm not represented. She said there was an imbalance of power and there is no wonder that we didn't come to an agreement then.

Additionally, she commented that I had the advantage of having my DD placed in my care b/c I am Hispanic (DD is 1/2 Hispanic) and it is only I (not her father) who can teach her about that part of her culture.

It seems promising--but my husband can be very convincing. He meets with her next week. We have a home visit scheduled for May 28th. I just pray to God that my DD will NOT have any temper tantrums while the GAL is here and that God will continue to give her the wisdom to discern the truth.

Thank you again ladies! So, so grateful for the support! Hugs to you all.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
First I wanted to thank all of you for your support and express how incredibly grateful I am for this forum. I cannot thank you enough for all of your prayers. Thank you!

Now for the update. I met with my DD's GAL (Guardian ad Litem). I sang like a canary and told her everything I wanted to say to her. She told me that it was not right of my husband to bring his attorney to the mediation especially since I'm not represented. She said there was an imbalance of power and there is no wonder that we didn't come to an agreement then.

Additionally, she commented that I had the advantage of having my DD placed in my care b/c I am Hispanic (DD is 1/2 Hispanic) and it is only I (not her father) who can teach her about that part of her culture.

It seems promising--but my husband can be very convincing. He meets with her next week. We have a home visit scheduled for May 28th. I just pray to God that my DD will NOT have any temper tantrums while the GAL is here and that God will continue to give her the wisdom to discern the truth.

Thank you again ladies! So, so grateful for the support! Hugs to you all.
Still praying for you!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thinking about you! Please keep us updated
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Still praying
Old 05-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Praying for you.... I can't imagine..... I'm so sorry!!!!

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!
Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #20
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

How's it going OP?