Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
WyMommy
Registered Users

New to Cloth diapering

Hello everyone! My son is almost 14 months old and I decided to make the switch to cloth diapering. I don't have many yet, but I have about 4 pockets and 2 covers. The pocket brands consist of Nicki's, Imagine, rumparooz, and bum genius. A friend of mine recommended stuffing the pockets with bamboo prefolds, so that is what I purchased.

Today was the day I started! My son is already a wiggle worm and throws tantrums during every diaper change, so it was extra challenging today when I could not get them to fit correctly. No matter what I did there is a gap at his waist and at times at his legs. I have him on a medium rise (he is 20 pounds 5 oz and 27 inches long). The snaps at the waist are in as far as they can go. I am looking for any suggestions!!! I really would like cloth diapering to work. \

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement

WyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
multigrain
Registered Users
seller

Re: New to Cloth diapering

Hi and welcome! Have you tried the using the smallest rise setting? That might lift the diaper up a bit in the legs.
multigrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
WyMommy
Registered Users

Thank you! I adjusted the one he is wearing currently to the small rise setting. He is napping so we will see how it is when he wakes! I guess I just figured since he is one that he wouldn't be on that setting, but he is built pretty small! It is just hard to experiment at this age when he hates diaper changes! haha. Any suggestions for the waist? Will it hurt to have it gapping a bit? I am wondering if the prefolds I purchased are too large.
WyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

could you post pictures by chance? a lot of times it is easier to give advice on a particular fit if we can see the actual diaper in use.
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

A little bit of a gap in the waist is okay. If it's too tight, then there is no give when they sit up.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
multigrain
Registered Users
seller

The gap in the waist might leak if he is a tummy sleeper but otherwise like above post it might be fine. When I stuff a lot into a pocket it usually just makes me have to adjust the rise but doesn't affect the waist.
multigrain is offline   Reply With Quote