Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1481
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grovia LOVERS come in!

Hey ladies... I don't know if anyone else noticed,but it looks like Trivia decided to go with the quiet route when it comes to seconds. Not much there, but I am happy to see there will be more in the future

Advertisement

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #1482
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife
Hey ladies... I don't know if anyone else noticed,but it looks like Trivia decided to go with the quiet route when it comes to seconds. Not much there, but I am happy to see there will be more in the future
Yea they made an official announcement after the chaos of the recent seconds sale that they would just allow word of mouth to slowly get their seconds moving throughout the year. I kinda like it it's like peekaboo and an Easter egg hunt combined lol yes cloth diapers make me feel like an excited little kid again
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #1483
Philosomommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
Yay! That's really the way it should be done.
Philosomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #1484
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
I just ordered a surf snap shell from one of my favorite retailers....hoping it looks as pretty in person as it does in the pictures.

Agh.

Must. Stop. Buying. Diapers.
definitely even prettier in person!! and Persimmon in person is to die for... my 2 favorite colors of all time
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #1485
March
Registered Users
seller

I like to put one baby in Citrus and the other in Surf. Soooooo pretty together!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #1486
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also glad to hear about the seconds! . I was surprised to see how many moms were angry last time. I just think its nice that they sell them!

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #1487
AvaGrace2013
Registered Users

For all your Grovia lovers I have questions! I am new to cloth diapering and recently purchased a huge stash of newborn AIO's. After purchasing them though I have read nothing but negative reviews about how they leak. Has anyone had a positive experience with these diapers. My daughter is on the small side, 2 months 8lbs so I am hoping that her size will help. I also am curious for those with a positive experience how many cycles it took to fully prep them. I have talked to a mom who washed as many as 15 times before using them and she had no problems. Maybe that is the secret?
AvaGrace2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #1488
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
definitely even prettier in person!! and Persimmon in person is to die for... my 2 favorite colors of all time
Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I like to put one baby in Citrus and the other in Surf. Soooooo pretty together!
Okay, the verdict is in: Surf officially ties with Cloud as my two top favorite colors. Such a gorgeous shade! It makes me happy just looking at it.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #1489
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2
Okay, the verdict is in: Surf officially ties with Cloud as my two top favorite colors. Such a gorgeous shade! It makes me happy just looking at it.
Agreed!!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #1490
Ark2003
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaGrace2013
For all your Grovia lovers I have questions! I am new to cloth diapering and recently purchased a huge stash of newborn AIO's. After purchasing them though I have read nothing but negative reviews about how they leak. Has anyone had a positive experience with these diapers. My daughter is on the small side, 2 months 8lbs so I am hoping that her size will help. I also am curious for those with a positive experience how many cycles it took to fully prep them. I have talked to a mom who washed as many as 15 times before using them and she had no problems. Maybe that is the secret?
I have 6 or 9 nb grovia AIOs. I didn't like them when I used them on my now 2 year old daughter. They leaked and left red marks on her thighs. Last year, I gave them to a friend with twin boys. When I became pregnant again, my friend gave them back to me and said they leaked on get boys too. I wasn't planning to use them on my current baby, but did anyway just for kicks. They leak a lot less now. And I think they only leak when thru are completely saturated (my son holds it, them pees A LOT and FAST.). The elastic on the thighs isn't as tight on his skinny legs. Plus, it has more give now. They are super cute and trim, too.

I'd say, wash them lots and don't expect them to be leakproof in the beginning.

My son has been wearing them since day one at 8 lbs 6 oz. he can still wear them today at 7 weeks and 11+ pounds.

HTH. .

If I were u, I'd get a few good covers (I like thirsties) and some prefolds. Imagine nb prefolds are smaller than gmd's. I like them a lot and still use them. I do think gmd prefolds are of excellent quality. Prefolds tri folded in a cover are only a hair more work than AIOs. Not difficult, by any means. Just an extra step or two.

Blessings!

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote