Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #251
mommyto3+1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grovia LOVERS come in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
From liltulips
I just purchased from them, too, and haven't received it. What color shell? I just looked at their site and saw cream snaps on kiwi. I don't notice that before.

Advertisement

Last edited by mommyto3+1; 05-17-2013 at 05:36 AM.
mommyto3+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #252
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just snappi'd a Flip daytime insert on dd with a Grovia shell and holy trim diaper batman. This is our first shell too and I am wondering if they shrink after washes at all? Dd is 15 months and about 21 lbs. so I put it on the middle rise setting and it's kind of high still so next change I think I might try on the smallest setting. I'd really like to trifold the insert too but no matter which way I folded it was too wide or too long and dd was getting impatient. Wondering if these will get a little smaller too since I only wahsed them twice before I couldn't wait to put on dd.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #253
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

From liltulips
It must be old inventory- they had shells w cream snaps on GroVias website as a clearance item a couple months ago...
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #254
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Grovia Experts: Is this a good deal for new grovia, 2 shells and 2 packs (so 4) stay dry soakers $52?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #255
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK
Grovia Experts: Is this a good deal for new grovia, 2 shells and 2 packs (so 4) stay dry soakers $52?
Yes!!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #256
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrobinson View Post
I just snappi'd a Flip daytime insert on dd with a Grovia shell and holy trim diaper batman. This is our first shell too and I am wondering if they shrink after washes at all? Dd is 15 months and about 21 lbs. so I put it on the middle rise setting and it's kind of high still so next change I think I might try on the smallest setting. I'd really like to trifold the insert too but no matter which way I folded it was too wide or too long and dd was getting impatient. Wondering if these will get a little smaller too since I only wahsed them twice before I couldn't wait to put on dd.
I'm amazed you can snappi a flip daytime insert at that size! Those things look really great. I haven't tried them so I don't know about the folding dimensions, but I can fit a padfolded swaddlbees flat (I think about 30" square after prepping) so anything is possible. I find that I have to pull the crotch of the shell around the insert and then it's no problem. I know the flip doesn't have as many folding options, but I would try things like folding in unequal thirds etc to get the width right. For the length, try tucking the folded insert up just underneath the back elastic and then fan it out.

As for the Grovia shell, we moved DS from the smallest rise to the middle rise around the same age/weight and even now the snap wings are touching (but not overlapping). It might shrink a touch after one round in the dryer, but I doubt it would shrink anything like a cotton insert does. At least for my kid in the 30th percentile, the sizing is quite generous and should last us a looooong time!

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #257
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
That's what I paid for my first Grovia sets new last year. I think a good price (whether deeply discounted new or EUC) is $12 per shell and $14 per soaker pack. You should be able to find EUC or seconds boosters for $2 each.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #258
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok cool thanks, sweetbottoms baby has had the set for a while and I went ahead and got it, since it was free shipping. I am just wondering now if I should have bought another set. Now I want to find some cheap boosters for night time. It's and additional 1.80 to upgrade the four soakers to organic cotton. I bought the stay dry with the first set, should I get the second set with the organic cotton? I have never tried it.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #259
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3+1 View Post
I just purchased from them, too, and haven't received it. What color shell? I just looked at their site and saw cream snaps on kiwi. I don't notice that before.
I ordered blackberry and kiwi from then and the snaps match. :-) I don't know if they have varied inventory y, but it's what I got.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #260
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
ok cool thanks, sweetbottoms baby has had the set for a while and I went ahead and got it, since it was free shipping. I am just wondering now if I should have bought another set. Now I want to find some cheap boosters for night time. It's and additional 1.80 to upgrade the four soakers to organic cotton. I bought the stay dry with the first set, should I get the second set with the organic cotton? I have never tried it.
Oh wow, I just saw that they have that package on sale! That's great. I personally prefer stay dry for the following reasons: DS gets very red with wet cotton, much much much faster dry time, easy to stick a booster inside, trimmer and poop comes off easier. The only advantage to organic cotton (for me) is that the construction makes it much less.

If you stay with the stay dry soakers, you should get the regular cotton boosters. Grobaby boosters also work, they're just a touch shorter but it really doesn't matter.

Welcome to the Grovia fan club