Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
party invitations

How early should I send out party invitations? DD wants to have a tea party the last week of school since her b-day is during the summer. We were thinking Sat, June 1st. That would have been the last weekend before school lets out but they have to make up a snow day so they are in school until the 10th. We might do it May 18th instead. I have to check with dh- we have remodel work that needs to be finished first. I wasn't really thinking about memorial day being in there and how busy people might be in the last few weeks of school I would have done it earlier if I had been thinking.

Anyway do you think its better to do the June 1st or May 18th as far as people being busy and being able to come? And how early do I give invitations? She is only inviting the girls in her class so would be 8 total. I'd prefer it only be her closer girlfriends which would put us at 5 total but she wants to invite all of them. i am pretty sure her best friend will come either day but want to make sure she has at least a few kids there. And now I am just babbling.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: party invitations

Around here school gets out the week right before Memorial Day weekend and everyone disappears, so I'd be trying to do it earlier if possible.

As for when to send invitations out, 1-2 weeks in advance seems right. Far out enough to get it on the calendar but not so far that it gets forgotten.

That said, in a couple of weeks, I'll be sending "save the date" cards to DS2's midsummer party. Then a couple of weeks before, I'll mail out the actual invitations.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like about 3 weeks ahead, 2 is good also. A month is sometimes too far as you don't know what is going on yet. A week is too short notice....
Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
mamalusbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd say earlier is better for the summer. That way you're giving advance notice in case people are making summer plans.
mamalusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like 2 weeks, early enough we can plan for it but close enough we won't forget.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote