Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #101
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

Our insurance is expensive to add in intervals, like from one person to 2 is a big jump, 2 to 3 not so much, 3 to 4 a jump again, adding Alie was no increase. Would it be cheaper to put you all on one plan? Or add all the kids to one or the other?
I'm trying to figure it all out. DH an I get ours paid for. To add dependents (any number) it's $600/month, and our insurance stinks. I just got an email today stating that DDs' monthly premiums are going up. So I think I'll wait to see if its cheaper to have all of them on a plan with me or if its cheaper to keep the older two on their own plans.

Mongolian spots--could be. I never heard of them before, but it looks like it's a possibility. I'll keep an eye on them.

DH is going away for five days in a couple weeks to take the eighth graders to LA. I have no idea how I'm not going to lose my mind. Nova will almost be to the magic 6 week mark, but not quite.

Advertisement

Last edited by rverrone11; 05-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #102
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Ours is payroll deduction, we have health, dental, and vision with pretty good coverage for all 5 of us for about $550 a month. Definitely worth it with everything with DD1, NICU, oxygen , home health care, SLP, OT, Audiologist, 3 ABRs, an MRI, 2 surgeries....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #103
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
We are going to tricare west in two months when we leave. FX its straight by then!

AFM: dh and I both got genuine smiles today! Hooray!
If it helps, we're in tricare west and had no problems getting Luke on. We had issues getting him in DEERS, but not tricare.

Hope everyone gets all their babies covered quickly!

Luke, as usual, waits until right after the diapers are in the wash to do his big poop. Every other night. Lol. Still can't figure out prefolds. So I stuck a newborn fuzzibuns flat in a cover. Should work, I see no reason why not... I guess we'll see.

Oh miraculous 6 week mark, I am awaiting you. Please please deliver the goods. Starting to worry about the 6 week growth spurt though. Sure was hoping these cracks would be healed long before then. Although I think most pain these days is the thrush. Which is better overall.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #104
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
Ours is payroll deduction, we have health, dental, and vision with pretty good coverage for all 5 of us for about $550 a month. Definitely worth it with everything with DD1, NICU, oxygen , home health care, SLP, OT, Audiologist, 3 ABRs, an MRI, 2 surgeries....
Nova is covered under my insurance for the first month for free, but that ends on the 12th. The girls are covered under DH's dental insurance for free. I'll definitely have to look into adding them to our insurance...off to email HR now.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #105
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

I I think Ezra is covered under me for 30 days. I do have to get his birth certificate this Friday. Dh's work pays our ins premiums which are $1600 a month; that will stay the same with the addition of one more child.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #106
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I was supposed to turn in the birth certificate within 30 days, but they hadn't even processed it yet!! It takes 6-8 weeks AFTER you send back the paper they send you 2 weeks after birth. :/

My Boba came today, can't wait to try it!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #107
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
You said it was a 3G right? Let me know if you have any questions. I did and the boba people have been great at answering them.

I need to try to put him in it again after their latest suggestion.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #108
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Morning ladies! Decent night and I even got DD down with DH so I could get something accomplished for a bit!

Heading to deal with DEERS (military enrollment) this morning and get her SS card scanned in properly, then off to mommy and me yoga! Can't wait for that - it's held at our local CD store and DD's birthday buddy and his mommy are going. Eager for some girl time!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #109
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
You said it was a 3G right? Let me know if you have any questions. I did and the boba people have been great at answering them.

I need to try to put him in it again after their latest suggestion.
It is! I finally got it set up right for newborn. Using an all black one for manual pictures = not so helpful. Thank goodness I didn't get an Ergo, Alie would've been too tall! I only put her in it briefly but am going to try it again. It didn't feel as secure as my Moby but I didn't put too much effort into adjusting it yet.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #110
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yay for baby and me yoga!! Hope its refreshing!!

How can she be too long for the ergo?

Ben has reached that point where noise isnt conducive to napping. The kids keep waking him up:/