Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #121
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
My thing I didn't know with the boba was there's a snapping strap in the hood pocket to make the top of the carrier slimmer. Finally wore it today with that adjustment and it was finally right.

So, today was a good day. Playgroup this morning. The house we were at is set up odd so no couch. Had to sit on the floor and nurse. And it went well.

Then took DD to the park and nursed a bit on the blanket and wore him in the boba and was able to interact with DD a bit. Very refreshing for me.

But for 2 days we've been in the nurse one side every hour snacking thing. Boo! And I wonder if he's getting enough. But I guess it's good that he's peeing.

Hoping things continue to move smoothly.

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #122
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
I fell asleep lastnight from 6:45-8:45 -- Ezra slept a bit but I had dh take him. I then got up, did a load of laundry, said goodnight to the kids, and was back in bed by 10 and we gotup at 7:45 -- the most rest I have had in a long time. Of course he woke to nuse about 4 times, but I feel good today.
I did that Sunday night. Despite feedings, I still got a decent amount of sleep! I didn't get up until after 7 the next day! It was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Hoping things continue to move smoothly.
I hope so!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #123
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
On the Boba its not an insert, its a specific set up. She still fits in the Boba but definitely think it'd be a problem in the shorter Ergo She has to be 15 lbs to allegedly get off the newborn setting but at this rate it won't be long!!
Huh. Interesting. and no, it probably won't be that long before she's able to be out of that setting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
My thing I didn't know with the boba was there's a snapping strap in the hood pocket to make the top of the carrier slimmer. Finally wore it today with that adjustment and it was finally right.

So, today was a good day. Playgroup this morning. The house we were at is set up odd so no couch. Had to sit on the floor and nurse. And it went well.

Very refreshing for me
I'm sure that's easier to picture when you've got the carrier, lol!

for a good day - although, do they not have a couch at all? Weird!
I'm so glad your post sounds happier, if that makes sense
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #124
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
They have a couch, but it's downstairs/basement. You walk in the front door and youre upstairs and it's the dining room and playroom. So we stay in the dining room since the kids are in the playroom/dining room area.

My friend nurses routinely while eating at a dining room table, so it's easy for her. Me? I can't even do a lawn chair.

And thanks - hope its a good night as well. A good day plus a good night and I might stop dreaming about weaning - lol
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #125
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I noticed today Alie has a bluish bruise spot at the top of her butt too. Mongolian Spots was what they were called??
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #126
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
I noticed today Alie has a bluish bruise spot at the top of her butt too. Mongolian Spots was what they were called??
Yes, Mongolian spots.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #127
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Piper's birth announcement cards arrived today (holy fast shipping, batman!) - they're really cute! Now I just have to get the time to address the envelopes and get them mailed off to family and friends!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #128
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Piper's birth announcement cards arrived today (holy fast shipping, batman!) - they're really cute! Now I just have to get the time to address the envelopes and get them mailed off to family and friends!
I'm in the same boat - mine came yesterday!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #129
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nate weighed in today at 10#14oz!!!!! 32% he is on the growth chart! His height dropped to 5% but I was told his growth would be different the first couple of months. My tall skinny guy is more short and almost chubby now. best news is no more 3 hour eating. He is truly on demand now!

Little boy was also officially diagnosed with reflux. So he is on zantac twice a day. I hope it helps because he is no longer a "happy spitter".

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 05-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #130
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Go Nate! Yay for on demand feeding! We had to wake DD1 to eat til 3 months. Hope the Zantac helps!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote