Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #131
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I'm in the same boat - mine came yesterday!
Good luck! I'm giving myself til the end of next week then I'll start feeling super guilty, lol. I wasn't expecting to have them arrive until next week anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Nate weighed in today at 10#14oz!!!!!
best news is no more 3 hour eating. He is truly on demand now!

Little boy was also officially diagnosed with reflux. So he is on zantac twice a day. I hope it helps because he is no longer a "happy spitter".
for gaining and on demand!!!! for not having to wake him to eat during the night!!! Enjoy that, Meg!

Sorry about the reflux dx, the zantac helps him.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #132
vonnief
Registered Users
seller

woohoo- That's great news about the weight and on demand feeding! I also hope the zantac works for him!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #133
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yay for nate!!!!! Thats great news!! Except the reflux part

Had my 6 week check bennett weighs 11lb7oz!!!
Holy gainer batman. Born at 7lb11oz

All is well with us except bennett is a.miserable baby just waiting for that to change.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #134
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Had my 6 week check bennett weighs 11lb7oz!!!
Holy gainer batman. Born at 7lb11oz

All is well with us except bennett is a.miserable baby just waiting for that to change.
good growin, buddy! All of my babies have gained a lot until about 6 months, then they only gain a couple lbs by a year.
I hope he gets happy for you soon.
Odd question maybe, but does he show any signs of reflux? I wonder if he doesn't have silent reflux - still refluxing inside, so pain and discomfort all the time, but not actually spitting up or vomiting?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #135
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Maybe. He does spit up and has tons of tummy troubles, i just assumed it from my imbalance. Ill ask at his 2 month check up. He will sometimes arch his back. Idk.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #136
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Maybe. He does spit up and has tons of tummy troubles, i just assumed it from my imbalance. Ill ask at his 2 month check up. He will sometimes arch his back. Idk.
Its hard! Seems like oversupply, tongue tie, and reflux all have HUGE overlap in symptoms! I was reading that tongue tie and oversupply often go together, as well as colic and oversupply. I dunno...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #137
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post

Its hard! Seems like oversupply, tongue tie, and reflux all have HUGE overlap in symptoms! I was reading that tongue tie and oversupply often go together, as well as colic and oversupply. I dunno...
Im not sure we've worked out our over supply yet. My ibclc friend said the clipping a tt can cause oversupply bc of more efficient sucking. He seriously just whines and cries all the time. I just got done bouncing on my exercise ball.

Now he's nursing....again. Dh had to make dinner bc ben just wouldnt stop.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #138
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Im not sure we've worked out our over supply yet. My ibclc friend said the clipping a tt can cause oversupply bc of more efficient sucking. He seriously just whines and cries all the time. I just got done bouncing on my exercise ball.

Now he's nursing....again. Dh had to make dinner bc ben just wouldnt stop.
Hugs!! DH pretty much makes dinner from my 3rd trimester to baby being 3 months . Things didn't settle down with DD2 until then. She was always nursing, screaming, sleeping, or some combination! I feel your pain and hope things settle down!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #139
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
DH has had to make dinner every night since Luke was born. I do try to be helpful and throw a main course in the crock pot.

I can barely make it to the table with the regular feedings / cluster feedings. Tonight I actually ate at the table with Luke nursing. Felt somewhat accomplished by that. But frustrated and in pain now. His refusal to open wide means he puts abrasions on my areola. Those are not ignore able. Changed positions and he quickly rubbed a new abrasion. Trying to figure out how to have him nurse upside down to get a new area that's not yet in pain for the next feeding.

At what age does the evening cluster feeding stop?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #140
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am fortunate where our neighbor has brought us some meals over--I just do not know how I am going to return all her dishes to here lugging 4 kids down the street. Today we went to the "healthy supermarket" earth fare and on Thursday nights kids eat free with a $5 adult meal--up to 6 kids per 1 adult meal so we did that and I did dome grocery shopping. I need to get more grocery shopping done tomorrow and figure out the best prices for the stores . I'm just not sure when I can do all that and I am feeling overwhelmed.

Harper is having more awake periods but she sleeps well and eats well to. I just get nervous and think I should wake her but I know she is fine she seems so peaceful. She does have her crying fits though when she is not bundled or being held. She is a non stop pooper though and she does not do well in a dirty diaper it is immediate notification lol!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote