Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #191
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I am pretty unbitter about mothers day, too. We don't really do gifts, but we do something fun. DH is bad about picking up and helping, but he is just clueless. I don't think he sees the mess. When I ask him for help he always does.
Last year for mother's day we packed a picnic and went to a park - let the kids play and just sat around on a blanket. That was awesome

DH spent hours outside, but now I know what he was doing - he did the garage, took the reno stuff to the dump, and then he did clean my van. I haven't looked yet, cuz I don't want him to feel like I'm checking up on it, kwim? But I'm excited to have a cleaner van!
He did say something about flowers, too - the colony he's working afternoons at has greenhouses and sells flowers, so he wants to wait until they get ready for selling (I assume it needs to warm up a bit more, until there's no frost overnight) so we can get flowers from them - totally a-ok with me!

Quote:
Definitely gonna try that bath setup with Nate. I hate baby baths (well all 3 that I tried with DS1) so we rarely do baths. I wipe down a lot, but Nate has only gotten three actual baths...
I've only done the one sink bath with Piper. If she had liked it I would do it more often, but she was not happy with it at all. She loves showering when she's in the shower, but hates the waiting before and after when it's just me and her. When DH is home to pass her in and take her at the end, it's much less unhappiness from her!
Gonna try the bath tonight, though! I used to do the same thing with one of those spongy mats, shaped like a bear? I think we just bought them at Walmart, but they're so cheap I don't keep them around between kids. If she likes the towel, I'll hunt around for another sponge mat for her.

We had a baby tub with DD1 and DS1, used it some, but we never really liked it. The sink or just the mat in the tub was easier - and takes up much less space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
Usually I have dh help me bathe him while I am bathing, which yes, does stink to try and do when you are home alone, he doesn't like laying there in a towel on the bethroom floor waiting for me -- we don't have a bouncy or a carseat or anything he can dit in except his swing.

I did feel bad that since he as so content in there I didn't check the water temp and it was cooling down; but it was hot in our house, too, so he didn't freeze.
Exactly - when DH is here to help it's much more fun for her, no waiting!
Don't feel bad. If he wasn't fussing, he wasn't bothered by the temp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I need to cut the coffee creamer to get rid of the sugar and carbs.
AH! Gotcha - makes sense now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I SO need to catch up on TY notes and do my announcements.
That's one nice thing about not many people giving gifts or anything - no ty cards/notes! We put a little announcement + thank you in the bulletin at church, thanking everyone for their prayers and meals. Other than that, we haven't gotten anything from anyone else. (not complaining, though that's how it reads!)

I got almost all the announcement cards addressed and ready to go, but I want to get a cute sticker or stamp for the back (where it's closed, kwim?). Going to look in town tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Since I am so small, I generally have to empty both sides every feeding so it gets very little time not being nursed.

I do tend to wake him up to nurse though cause otherwise it messes up my schedule with DD.

Tried on more pre-preggo clothes earlier and officially depressed.
How big or small your breasts are has nothing to do with how much milk you have. My breasts are almost a B-cup when not nursing, but I have plenty of milk. Some mamas with large breasts aren't able to produce enough milk. Just depends on what your body does.

I just kinda adjust Levi's schedule to fit with Piper's feeds - now that she's kinda getting into a schedule (her own, not my doing), I can adjust his based on that. Like, I know she's going to want to nurse at noon, so I don't wait until then to get his lunch, I have to start getting it ready for him at 11:30 or so, which also means that morning snack is a bit earlier and smaller than it used to be. But he's fine with me fiddling around with things

I kwym about clothes. I tried on everything (mat and prepreg) last week. Not so fun. I was able to get rid of a bunch of mat shirts and pull out some non-mat ones, but I can't fit any of my prepreg bottoms so I'm just going to deal with mat for that, for now. I figure I'll give my body 6-8 weeks and then I'll see how things are - at that point, I may need to buy a couple things, just to get over the hump.
I do have a couple pairs of shorts/capris and a couple skirts that I'll be able to use, though, so I'm not totally hooped if warm weather ever comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I don't know if I want to know either, but its good he's telling me this info.
They don't really have much of a relationship, not that that's an excuse.... very complicated....
I agree, it's good that he's being open and not hiding things.
She sounds like an... interesting lady. And I don't mean that in a good way, but in a never-want-to-meet-her kinda way

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #192
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, they did tell me at the hospital that smaller breasts would require more frequent feedings. But maybe they were misinformed.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #193
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Well, they did tell me at the hospital that smaller breasts would require more frequent feedings. But maybe they were misinformed.
Yeah, I don't think that's true. There's soooooo much misinformation on BFing out there!!

Elena - yeah she's a piece of work. While I'm not happy with DH about the situation and he's in no way innocent, she was definitely the one out shopping around, KWIM? She would also talk about wanting to set her husband up with people... craaaazzzzyyyyy..... I think they'll either get divorced eventually or one of them will have an affair again, frankly, but I could be wrong. I just hope she decides to go bother some other guy.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #194
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hate living so far from home! My dad is an amateur race car driver (time trials only). Today he lost control and slammed into the sidewall. He was knocked unconscious and suffered a bad concussion, but is OK. And for whatever reason my bros are treating me like a little kitten, holding back details because they don't want me to worry. What they don't get is that if I feel like I am being purposely left in the dark, then I REALLY worry. And even though I know its completely unimportant I feel really bad about his car and pride. He pretty much eats, breaths, and sleeps his wife/family/car (in that order). Big sigh.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #195
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I hate living so far from home! My dad is an amateur race car driver (time trials only). Today he lost control and slammed into the sidewall. He was knocked unconscious and suffered a bad concussion, but is OK. And for whatever reason my bros are treating me like a little kitten, holding back details because they don't want me to worry. What they don't get is that if I feel like I am being purposely left in the dark, then I REALLY worry. And even though I know its completely unimportant I feel really bad about his car and pride. He pretty much eats, breaths, and sleeps his wife/family/car (in that order). Big sigh.
So sorry and my thoughts will be with you and your father.

My family does the same to me. When I was in college no one told me my mother had melanoma and had surgery. School yr let out I went home to my mother with bandages all over her head and her face swollen and purple from surgery. If they told me I would have been better prepared and probably would not have come home sunburnt from laying out.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #196
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Yeah. I think that's bad info. I am a size B right now and could easily feed triplets if I needed to. Its the feeding one without oversupply that's my issue.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #197
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm small too - I was an A pre-preg. Who knows what I am now.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #198
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They were most definitely wrong. That's just... wrong. Totally and completely.
Breast size plays no part, whatsoever, in the amount of milk they can produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Elena - yeah she's a piece of work.
I think they'll either get divorced eventually or one of them will have an affair again, frankly, but I could be wrong. I just hope she decides to go bother some other guy.
No, I would definitely place bets on something happening with/between them. How very strange.
she stays away from your family for good.

Quote:
I hate living so far from home!
OMGoodness, Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
My family does the same to me. When I was in college no one told me my mother had melanoma and had surgery.
Wow. I can't imagine that.
says the daughter who kept a whole pregnancy a secret from her own parents... but i digress!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #199
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
No, I would definitely place bets on something happening with/between them. How very strange.
she stays away from your family for good.
She better, or I will destroy her.

AFM: Had a nice trip to the zoo, Alie slept in the Boba the whole time. OMG its like carrying nothing! Had a crappy Infantino carrier that supports them from the crotch with DD1 when I didn't know any better. Wore it once or twice and it was awful, so ditched it and never bothered with DD2. Totally regretting that now, a nice carrier makes a HUGE difference! But DH has been trying to put DD2 to bed for an hour and she just won't go to sleep. Poor DH
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #200
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

'nother week, new thread