Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

oh.. happiest baby on the block says to train your baby to take a pacifier, wait until they get sucking on it good and then try to pull it out. They'll suck back and somehow this trains them to keep it in. We did it with DD and it seemed to work over time.

Luke loses his pacifier if you don't hold it in for him. Useful for rare times, but useless most of the time. I do try to pull it out a bit from time to time after putting it in, he does suck back harder, but I don't remember how long it took. Plus, I think DD was more into comfort sucking than he seems to be. Shoot, we took her pacifier away completely at 14 months and then at 21/22 months she started sucking her thumb. Girl has a serious need to suckle.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #32
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Super moist lips.

Is it normal? If your baby gets them, then surely you know what I mean. After nursing, Luke's lips are creamy soft, moist looking.

Normally they look like normal lips - maybe a little dry even - but after nursing they're all different.
Yes, Alie too. DD2 also. Sometimes they even got little blisters on the middle of their top lips. Well, so maybe not 100% normal since I now suspect them both of posterior tongue tie and don't know if it could be related??
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

No idea on the lip thing. Nate's definitely look different and a little white, but not to the point that it peaked my interest. So maybe normal to at least some degree?

Nate totally just laughed and smiled. Like a big huge laugh and smile. Problem is he was in and out of rem sleep and I am pretty sure he was asleep for the smile since his eyes were rolling around. So can I still count it?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I missed a bunch today:/

Cute that nate,laughed for you. I got a half smile, coo after i got pooped on.

Been a rough, fussy pants day. Tons of crying. We were a few towns from hom and i left mt moby. I was so desperate for the crying to stop, i bought more jersey knit and made a new wrap! Now i have two spares. Car and in laws

Im hoping,all this fussy = good, deep sleep later
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #35
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Alie has been smiling and laughing a ton, but only for DH :/ AND he stole all my sleeping baby cuddles today!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

The first couple weeks are there any other kind??? I feel like they're always on the boob!!
LOL, true!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #37
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

We went to church today and Ezra was blessed, it was nice. We went last week, too. We go to church for three hours, and I have decided unless there is another reason, like I need to sit in an extra comfy chair, I won't take him to the nursing room when it is time to nurse -- I personally hate the disruption to my own worshipping, and find it is much easier to just pop him on the breast -- otherwise I start to feel like, why did I come to church today? I could have stayed home and been alone in room with my baby, lol.

So last week, I nursed him during thefirst half hour, and he slept the rest of the time; everyone commented on what a good baby he was. Today same thing, he nursed twice during that first hour, before and after his blessing, and then he slept the rest of the time; again people commented on what a good baby he was.

But he then comes unglued after church and wants a nurse-fest and awake-fest and hold-me-fest for a while once we get home. I guess it's better than at church.

Tonight he has been nursing to sleep and then waking shortly later to nurse again...my nipples are sore. I really need to call that doctor to have his mouth examined; but the office is an hour and a half away, and it is hard to figure out the trip over, seeling as I have to get my 7 year old every day at 2:07...my poor nipples.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #38
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shaping up to be a "sleep on the couch" kind of night. She's been nursing non-stop all evening but is wide awake when I set her down in bed with us. DH is up at 4 AM to start a new job. *sigh*
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #39
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ugh sorry guys.

Hope your nipples feel better. To that, I can relate. I set up an appt for this week to get latch looked at and hold help. But had to set it up for evening after DH was home to watch DD. this kid will not open wide! Get off my nipple! Going to go insane relatching over and over.

Had to bathe Luke twice. Once cause it was time, second time cause he had thrown up and then poop exploded on himself. Fun fun

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 05-06-2013 at 01:58 AM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #40
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh the woes!!! Nips, explosion diapers.... . Ugh.

I nursed one side all night again, woke with a pee only diaper!!!!!
And all afternoon yesterday was one side and we had less poop in the dipe. I hope that this is a sign of fixing the imbalance. I sure do hate pumping off the less fatty milk though, im labeling it foremilk so i know its less fatty later