Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #41
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Oh the woes!!! Nips, explosion diapers.... . Ugh.

I nursed one side all night again, woke with a pee only diaper!!!!!
And all afternoon yesterday was one side and we had less poop in the dipe. I hope that this is a sign of fixing the imbalance. I sure do hate pumping off the less fatty milk though, im labeling it foremilk so i know its less fatty later
Good call for labeling!

Emily, good luck with your latch appointment. Double bath = super clean Luke, right?

AFM: DD was up ALL NIGHT LONG, of course, the night before her dad's big/early day. Every time I tried to transfer her, she'd wake up and be wide eyed. I wish this was a lazy day for us, but we have that appointment and need to go to the commissary. Nap time later, for sure!

She barely took anything out of her bottle last night, with DH or FIL. :/ I may try the other bottles, although I'd prefer she uses the Calma.

Think HEAVY thoughts for us today at the doctor! Fx!

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #42
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hope your appt goes well!

We had a good night last night. But the morning is going to be odd cause I didn't get up. Luke sleeps well swaddled so gonna try to be better at going to bed for real as opposed to staying on the couch.

Luckily Mondays are uneventful for us. Usually I'm showered or in the shower by now, but just first nursing. And DD is going to be a tv head cause DH put it on for this nursing session and she gets it during my shower too. Ah well. Eventually we'll get breakfast.

We did church yesterday too. Went well, but definitely in the mom's room. Thankfully there's a tv of the service in there. I have seen moms nurse in service. But they were better/more discreet than I currently am.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #43
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Shaping up to be a "sleep on the couch" kind of night. She's been nursing non-stop all evening but is wide awake when I set her down in bed with us. DH is up at 4 AM to start a new job. *sigh*
Aubree had that same kind of night. Hope he has a great first day at the nw job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ugh sorry guys.

Hope your nipples feel better. To that, I can relate. I set up an appt for this week to get latch looked at and hold help. But had to set it up for evening after DH was home to watch DD. this kid will not open wide! Get off my nipple! Going to go insane relatching over and over.

Had to bathe Luke twice. Once cause it was time, second time cause he had thrown up and then poop exploded on himself. Fun fun
Hope the latch appointment goes well! And boo on the double baths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Oh the woes!!! Nips, explosion diapers.... . Ugh.

And all afternoon yesterday was one side and we had less poop in the dipe. I hope that this is a sign of fixing the imbalance. I sure do hate pumping off the less fatty milk though, im labeling it foremilk so i know its less fatty later
Thats awesome!!!!

AFM: Aubree nursed on and off for like 5 hours, finally fell asleep at about 1am. I think she was so fussy because of gas, does that mean her body doesn't agree with something I'm eating?
ILs invited us for dinner, I'm really excited that means I don't have to cook
DSD came home from her moms this morning and I just love how much our kids love each other. They were so happy to see each other, even if they do cause mischief together. They each took a pack of gum and put it in their backpack, then 'hid' my car keys so I couldn't drive them to school. They came to tell me they hid them and where, so it wasn't really bad, just more funny that they'd think to do it.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #44
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I would give a bottle at least a week before switching, it just takes awhile sometimes

Sorry for all the nipple pain! After a brief success maybe 5 times Alie is refusing to latch without the nipple shield ... sigh...

The delivery of my Boba got pushed back to tomorrow instead of today. Boo.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #45
vonnief
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I have seen moms nurse in service. But they were better/more discreet than I currently am.
I'm not very discreet either. I hope I'll eventually get there, but currently it's a let it all hang out hot mess I was able to nurse during DS3's tball game, but it was freezing and i had a jacket, blanket and nursing cover. Very obvious. Oh well!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #46
vonnief
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis
Think HEAVY thoughts for us today at the doctor! Fx!
I hope everything goes heavy! ;-)
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #47
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Elena - I was all over our target and they didn't have ANY long stretchy skirts in the store, and none of the stuff we posted either. I can't believe I had to go online to order it! :/ But if you get a store can you order online? They had free shipping on orders over $50 but I know its different up there....
I think we'll have different things then the US targets, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't know anyways, having not been to a US one in 5 years, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Oh and her cord fell off! So hooray for real baths now!
I still don't get why the US says not to get the cord wet - up here, they stopped saying that years and years ago. Normal bathing or showering from birth, not a big deal, just let the cord air dry for a few minutes before rediapering/dressing.

Quote:
@Elena - yes, big appointment tomorrow.
Any advice on getting more output from pumping? Starting to worry that my stash isn't big enough for when I return. Should I be pumping at more regular intervals?
for her appt today!

I know next-to-nothing about pumping. Dr Newman has some info on it, but I've never read it myself. The only thing I'd worry about with trying to time pumping is if you're still trying to nurse while pumping you may pump what she needed to nurse, kwim? So then she wouldn't get what she wants/needs at the next feeding and be unhappy? But I really don't know if that's how it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
Yeah, a lot of those cute dresses and skirts are only available online from Target.

So constant nursing is normal?
Also, her diaper is wet at every feeding but she's not pooping regularly. She went 48 hours without pooping then had two yesterday. She's very gassy too

M couldn't wear OS diapers for very long...maybe until 18 months or so?
Well that stinks. Why don't they carry the same things in stores?! Boo on that. I'm still waiting to see when our target is gonna open - think I may have to brave it and take Levi and Piper to town on their opening day

On a local site I saw a few people saying they have "family & friends" invites to shop tonight - does that mean the store will open tomorrow to public? There was something said about a "soft opening" tomorrow. I don't want to go all the way in if it's not actually opening!

Constant nursing = cluster feeding, totally normal especially in the evenings. That's when your supply will also be lowest, so that contributes to it too, I think.
As long as she's having a good number of wet diapers every day, she's fine. Some babies poop all the time (Piper, so far!), nearly every diaper change, some poop every few days, and it's also normal for breastfed babies to go 7-10 days between poops.
Breastmilk is pretty much all absorbed and used by their body, there's not much "waste" in it.
Gassiness is normal, too. Their systems are still just starting to work, kwim?

DS1 and DS2 were in large diapers before they potty-trained, but they didn't do that until past 3yrs old. DS3 was only in medium and one-size diapers when he potty trained at 2.5yrs old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
I've tried sneaking her a pacifier when she's just nursing to sooth and I'd like to get up but she hates it. Spits it out and screams until I help her latch on again. I've been doing compressions but it really doesn't seem to help her nurse any quicker. I was suspecting she's taking so long to eat because of her tongue tie? I really don't know. Surely as her latch gets better she'll become more efficient and will be able to nurse faster.
Yeah, Piper still hates the paci. There are still a few times through the day/night that she wants to suck but gets SO mad when she gets milk, so I kinda have to force the paci on her. She gets mad.
It could be that the tongue-tie is making latching difficult and making nursing take longer, but she also just could be a baby that takes longer to nurse Some babies are quick nursers, some aren't. Some will get quicker and take less time, some will keep taking a long time.

I try to get things done and situated so that I can still tend to/care for Levi while Piper is nursing a ton - it does help though that DH is home in the evenings here. But through the day Levi will read stories with me and cuddle while Piper is nursing.

Quote:
I'm convinced my boob is DD's best friend. She loves snuggling with it, playing with it, and passing out on it.

Quote:
Good for you! I ordered a new makeup palette the other day, for Mother's Day.
I won't get myself anything, but I've told DH I really want some flowers (in pots and baskets on my deck - he and the kids did that last year for me!) and I'd love to have my van detailed cuz it's gross inside and I can't get the time or energy to clean it!
On the weekend, though, I know he ordered a ring of some sort from the jewelry store for me - a mother's ring or something like that? He took one of my rings for sizing, and double checked the kids' birth-months. I'm excited to see what it looks like!

Quote:
That reminded me of the photo I took of Luke nursing. He's like 'mine!!! Muah ha ha!!'

Quote:
Super moist lips.
Normal. Just from sucking. Normal to get the milk-blister on the top lip too - that may even fall off.

Quote:
oh.. happiest baby on the block says to train your baby to take a pacifier, wait until they get sucking on it good and then try to pull it out. They'll suck back and somehow this trains them to keep it in. We did it with DD and it seemed to work over time.
Huh. Interesting. My other kids have all just taken it, so I don't know what to do with Piper! Actually, Levi didn't take the first couple we tried, but then we gave him an avent one and he loved it. I don't want to try a bunch of different ones with her, though - don't want to waste the $$! Not sure if it's worth it or not!

Quote:
Yes, Alie too. DD2 also. Sometimes they even got little blisters on the middle of their top lips. Well, so maybe not 100% normal since I now suspect them both of posterior tongue tie and don't know if it could be related??
Nope, totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Nate totally just laughed and smiled. Like a big huge laugh and smile. Problem is he was in and out of rem sleep and I am pretty sure he was asleep for the smile since his eyes were rolling around. So can I still count it?
Awww!!!

Quote:
Been a rough, fussy pants day. Tons of crying. We were a few towns from hom and i left mt moby. I was so desperate for the crying to stop, i bought more jersey knit and made a new wrap! Now i have two spares. Car and in laws

Im hoping,all this fussy = good, deep sleep later
But yay for a new wrap!

Quote:
Alie has been smiling and laughing a ton, but only for DH :/ AND he stole all my sleeping baby cuddles today!
tsk, tsk - rotten DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
We went to church today and Ezra was blessed, it was nice.

I really need to call that doctor to have his mouth examined; but the office is an hour and a half away, and it is hard to figure out the trip over, seeling as I have to get my 7 year old every day at 2:07...my poor nipples.
That sounds very nice!

I kwym about trying to schedule appts and yet be home for before and after school!

Quote:
It sounds like you're getting there! And hopefully you'll be able to stop that pumping soon!

AFM: Piper was just about asleep... then she grunted and pooped a bunch. I got her cleaned up with her still mostly asleep... then she pooped and peed everywhere - all over the new diaper (which wasn't closed yet!), herself, her gown, and the quilt she was on! Didn't quite stay as asleep during that cleanup and change!

We had such a nice day yesterday - it was finally warm and sunny! We made it to church, then went to my in-laws for lunch and visiting. The kids played outside all afternoon, and MIL walked down to a park with the kids and they played there for at least an hour. Everyone slept really well last night! The sun was so strong that I ended up with a sunburn, lol. My kids, otoh, are all brown all ready

On Saturday we were in town at their house all day, too. It was nice, though not as warm as yesterday, but the kids played in the yard too. That was Piper's first time outside to "play" Pics were taken! (though not posted on our blog yet)

AND - on Saturday Levi got his hair cut for the first time! He did super good, sat really still and just chatted away with the stylist. He went from curls down his back to a faux-hawk! It looks adorable, I think! Again, pics taken, but not posted yet.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #48
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
AFM: DD was up ALL NIGHT LONG, of course, the night before her dad's big/early day. Every time I tried to transfer her, she'd wake up and be wide eyed. I wish this was a lazy day for us, but we have that appointment and need to go to the commissary. Nap time later, for sure!
Oh man, those nights suck.

Can't wait to hear about her appt!

Quote:
We had a good night last night.
And DD is going to be a tv head cause DH put it on for this nursing session and she gets it during my shower too. Ah well. Eventually we'll get breakfast.

We did church yesterday too. Went well, but definitely in the mom's room. Thankfully there's a tv of the service in there. I have seen moms nurse in service. But they were better/more discreet than I currently am.
for a good night. Don't worry about some tv and a slower start to the day - there are some days when I don't manage to shower at all.

There is a nursing room at our church, but it's just the old choir room and there are just some couches and chairs in there, no way to see or hear the sermon. Piper didn't nurse during church the first 2 weeks, but yesterday wanted to when I took Levi to Sunday School. There is a little lounge spot around a corner that I chose to sit in to nurse. It's kinda in the hall on the way to the balcony, so I was able to hear the sermon and didn't miss too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
AFM: Aubree nursed on and off for like 5 hours, finally fell asleep at about 1am. I think she was so fussy because of gas, does that mean her body doesn't agree with something I'm eating?
It could mean that she doesn't like something you ate, but some gassiness is normal. Their little tummies and systems are just starting to work, kwim? It makes sense that there's an adjustment period to learning to digest and use food - even if it's just milk!

about the kids and your keys! Love it!

Quote:
After a brief success maybe 5 times Alie is refusing to latch without the nipple shield ... sigh...

The delivery of my Boba got pushed back to tomorrow instead of today. Boo.
Double boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnief View Post
I'm not very discreet either. I hope I'll eventually get there, but currently it's a let it all hang out hot mess I was able to nurse during DS3's tball game, but it was freezing and i had a jacket, blanket and nursing cover. Very obvious. Oh well!
Meh. Baby's gotta eat, mama's gotta feed. !
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #49
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

On the plus side Alie has slept for 6 hours the past 3 nights. Of course DD2 is congested and waking a ton.

I wish they carried all that stuff in the store too!! Clearly their target demographic in store isn't nursing mothers!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #50
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

well seems like thngs are progressing for everyone. silas had his 1 mo checkup today he's 11 lbs 5.8 oz and 23.25" so definitely no issues on growth.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote