Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quick weight loss?

Okay, so normally, I wouldn't even be considering this, as I am sure most, if not all, quick weight loss things out there are gimmicks. However, as we are still working with doctors to figure out why I can't seem to lose weight, I thought I would check with y'all to see if anyone knows of a legitimate weight loss pill. I was thinking that if I can kick start my body by losing 10-20 lbs, maybe the rest will start to come off just through diet and exercise. As I am getting ready to have knee surgery, and won't be able to do much exercising for awhile, I thought this would be the time to try something.

So, anyone know of something that works? And is safe?

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
sizzlemom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Quick weight loss?

I don't know of any type of pill but have used a strict "clean" eating regime in the past for a period of time that helped me. I stuck to something of the paleo variety. Pretty much if it not processed -you can eat it. I lost almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. After that I started subbing in Shakeology for a meal a day and started adding back things. I cut out sugar, bread, dairy, alcohol and caffeine. I did do coffee (decaf and black) for a little bit of sanity. You would be amazed at how your body will react!

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

South Beach diet will take off initial weight, but when you go off the diet, you will gain back.

There is no pill or "cleanse" that will take weight off quickly and safely. You're going to risk your long term health by trying shortcuts.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
South Beach diet will take off initial weight, but when you go off the diet, you will gain back.

There is no pill or "cleanse" that will take weight off quickly and safely. You're going to risk your long term health by trying shortcuts.
That's what I thought, but figured it was worth asking. We've done the calorie counting, added exercise, run tests for all sorts of things, but can't figure out why the weight is not moving.

Paleo, or at least, grain free, was my next thought, so I will try that and see what happens.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
That's what I thought, but figured it was worth asking. We've done the calorie counting, added exercise, run tests for all sorts of things, but can't figure out why the weight is not moving.

Paleo, or at least, grain free, was my next thought, so I will try that and see what happens.
I absolutely can't lose weight if I eat grains. If you check the 25lb pound weight loss thread, I started it a year ago. I'm the same weight. I have gone up and down, counted calories, going low carb, lost some, failed at low carb, gained it back.
I did even try a fat loss pill and it did NOTHING at all. In the past I have used diet pills and lost weight fast (and of course gained it back).

I finally realized I just can't have grains. I'm wheat intolerant, but even rice makes me bloat and stay, well, fat. However, if I elimiate that (hate to label, but pretty much a paleo diet) I drop the inital bloat pretty fast. I started p90x 3 weeks ago at 149. I'm 145 now. This week I maintained and slipped a little honestly, but I'm not going back up which is good.

Oh, I have had my blood tested and it's not my thyroid. I just can't process grains anymore.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
luminajd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When you tried calorie counting how many were you eating? Can I ask what you weigh? An apparopriate calorie deficit should work for everyone.
luminajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminajd View Post
When you tried calorie counting how many were you eating? Can I ask what you weigh? An apparopriate calorie deficit should work for everyone.
I weigh around 225. I was eating between 1800-2000 a day. I cut it back to 1500-1700 and still wasn't losing anything. According to the endocrinologist and the 6-7 calculators/calorie counting sites, I should've been losing at the 2000 mark, and definitely losing at the 1700 mark.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
luminajd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How long did you try for? Did you weigh/measure everything you ate? Did you use a calorie counting website or pen and paper? I am sure it makes me sound like a jerk, but you will lose if you consistently ate 1700-1800 calories. I weigh 166 and am losing on 1650. I would go back to basics and try that again as is there is no magic pill.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I tracked for 4 months, weighing everything I ate. I used an app that the endocrinologist recommended.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
luminajd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And you literally lost nothing? Was the app My Fitness Pal?