Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #11
jengojengo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Couch to 5K anyone?

I'm working on my couch 2 5k too!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
carrollrj25
Registered Users

Me too! I think it's great to have support. My dh and I just started.
carrollrj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I did W2 day 2 today. My goal is to do the 10k Terry Fox Run with dh on base in September.

I'm doing better than I thought I would be.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just started and feel like a big fat loser I'm only on week one and I feel like I'm going to die during the jogging. I'm so out of shape.
The only part that makes me feel better about it being such a struggle is that I'm jogging in the woods so it is uneven ground, tree roots, sticks, etc. I am just so ungraceful that I can't bear to run in the neighborhood

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMal View Post
I just started and feel like a big fat loser I'm only on week one and I feel like I'm going to die during the jogging. I'm so out of shape.
The only part that makes me feel better about it being such a struggle is that I'm jogging in the woods so it is uneven ground, tree roots, sticks, etc. I am just so ungraceful that I can't bear to run in the neighborhood
Don't feel like a loser!!! You are doing better then every person still sitting on the couch. It is hard to get started but it will get better. If you are really struggling thru the jog part then slow your jog down. Also, don't worry if you have to repeat a week. Trail running is going to be harder then road running. Kudos to you for even trying trail running, but don't let anyone/anything keep you from running in the neighborhoods.

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMal
That's why I use a treadmill AND kick everyone outside or downstairs while I run. lol

I'm repeating week 2 and felt way better today. There's no way I could do it "bushwhacking"!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingmomof2boys

Don't feel like a loser!!! You are doing better then every person still sitting on the couch. It is hard to get started but it will get better. If you are really struggling thru the jog part then slow your jog down. Also, don't worry if you have to repeat a week. Trail running is going to be harder then road running. Kudos to you for even trying trail running, but don't let anyone/anything keep you from running in the neighborhoods.
That's what my husband keeps reminding me

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMal
This is great. Outside is a much more diverse surface and is much harder than a treadmill. Keep it up. Your body is working hard. And you will reap the benefits!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMal View Post
You're not a loser.

Don't rob yourself of the experience of being a beginner. Now is a precious time. You get to cut yourself some slack. You only get to improve. You get to look like an idiot because the explanation "I'm just starting out" applies only this ONE time!

I run marathons. I didn't start out running marathons. I started by almost passing out on Week one of c25k. Seriously. I had to lie down on the grass and wait for the world to stop spinning before I could drive myself home.

My first spinning class? It was awful. I threw up. In front of the class. Now? I can bike up a canyon and not throw up.

Try again.

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. ~ Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by NotLad; 05-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am planning on starting on Monday!! I don;t have weight to lose, I am 115lbs naturally. But I want to get heart and lung healthy. So I am able to keep up with my three busy girls. I really hope I make it through the summer. I have to rely on my DH to be home, so I can go run. And he's busy all the time. But I am aiming for 3x week. So in theory I should be able to manage that. I haven't run since before I was married, so 8.5 years ago. I am so out of shape, this is going to hard work for me.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote