Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #81
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Couch to 5K anyone?

The fact that my dd is in a musical this summer and I'm too cheap to drive back and forth twice a day has made it easy for me to stay on track with workouts. We are stuck at the park three days a week waiting for her to get out of rehearsal. That is coming to a close soon, which is why I made sure to register for a 5k. With that coming up I CANNOT put off the training.
Go ahead and sign up for one. When I went online I was amazed at how many races were going on every month.

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #82
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

2.5 miles three days this week. Just over three weeks before the 5k. Getting a bit faster pace finally.
2.75 miles coming up for Sat.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #83
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by syfitz
2.5 miles three days this week. Just over three weeks before the 5k. Getting a bit faster pace finally.
2.75 miles coming up for Sat.
Good for you!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #84
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can I join? I'm training for a 5k at the end of August. I started c25k last September then hurt my knee in November and had to wait for it to heal to restart then got distracted by a spinning machine. Then started doing c25k indoors. Then had to restart at week 5 outdoors to build up my endurance to the hot air. Now I'm on week 8 and running the full 5k without stopping inside on off days to up my speed. It's been a fun journey. I hated to run until I started c25k now I love it. I run 4-5 days a week but don't really do anything on off days yet.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #85
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

3.14 miles today. Took me 40min20sec, but at least I know I can get through the whole thing AND probably won't be last.
I just hope it's cooler and less humid on race day! Ugh.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #86
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't run in a week. I started MCing last Friday and have felt like crud and been medicated since for pain and nausea. Can't wait to feel better so I can run again. The 5k I want to run is August 31. Not sure if I'll feel ready by then.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #87
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
I haven't run in a week. I started MCing last Friday and have felt like crud and been medicated since for pain and nausea. Can't wait to feel better so I can run again. The 5k I want to run is August 31. Not sure if I'll feel ready by then.
You can do a 5k on August 31. Your body is stronger than you think. C25k is mostly a mental workout.

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. If there's ever a silver lining to look at in a craptastic situation like yours, this is it: exercise is a natural antidepressant. There have been days that moving my feet releases every bit of negative feelings.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #88
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So after being pregnant and nursing since 2006 (still nursing) I need to get my but back in shape!

I use to be able to do 5ks in my sleep--before kids of course. Had my last baby in April and am going to start c25k tomorrow!

I just want to exercise how I use to before children. Not sure how much I want to or need to loose, just going to go out there and do it and have fun and laugh at myself in the process.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #89
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How can you tell how far youve ran each week? Is week 3 like a certain number of miles?
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #90
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy
How can you tell how far youve ran each week? Is week 3 like a certain number of miles?
I run my irunner app while I'm running my c25k app and irunner tells me how far I ran.