Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Registered Users
Sbish fitteds: HLC vs. OBF?

Hi mamas,

We currently use sbish OBF fitteds overnight, which have worked well for us absorbency-wise. They do get really stiff when wet so I always wonder if it's uncomfortable for DD (they also tend to leave some pretty significant red marks on her). I've always thought the snapless fitteds looked much softer but I am not a fan of snappis or pins. I saw that sbish came out with the Happy Little Clouds two-size fitted system with snaps - seems to be exactly what I'm looking for! But given they're more pricey than OBFs, I'd like some reviews/feedback before I buy the next size up (we either need large OBFs or size 2 HLCs, as DD is just about grown out of her medium OBFs).

Any feedback would be appreciated! TIA!

belle7611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Registered Users
We used the snapless ones for a long time for night time, but he still soaked through them frequently. We now use OBF's and haven't had a leak with them yet (it's been about a month). I was even able to take out the booster in the OBF and he still didn't leak through. To give you some idea we tried using wool covers with the snapless but he was always soaked through, so we used PUL covers for a while. Now with the OBFs we can use wool covers with no issues.

I recently ordered some fabric and a snap press (just a handheld $15 one from wazoodle) to make some bibs. But I also used it to put snaps on my snapless diapers and it worked great! I used a goodmama diaper as a guide for where to put the snaps. So now my snapless diapers are one size and have snaps.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Sbish fitteds: HLC vs. OBF?

Depends on how heavy of a wetter you have. We use the HLCs for daytime and the OBFs for nightime. I get really wet wool with the HLCs for nightime. He's a pretty moderate wetter, but an older baby.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote