Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Kmomto2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cheapest Wrap

Hi, I have an odd question and I know that you ladies are great with this kind of thing. We have received a grant to buy baby wraps for our county WIC program and are looking to get the best bang for our buck. We have concidered BOBA and Moby, but is there any other less expensive wraps that we may be able to buy more with our money? We have to have our order put together by tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cheapest Wrap

personally i dont think the moby is user friendly. I wonder about ellaroo or another name is slipping my mind. I guess you probably cant do this but I found some knit fabric from joann's in the right length was much easier to use than the moby.... its so bulky

eta
http://www.wrapsodybaby.com/index.htm
they have a few wraps $60 and under

and i ellaroo new is more expensive than i realized

sorry!

Last edited by negrapy; 05-08-2013 at 09:52 AM.
negrapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Kmomto2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! No, I think due to safety reasons it would be better to buy manufactured wraps.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think you will find any woven wraps that are cheaper than stretchy wraps.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Maybe ring slings?

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
saturn
Registered Users

The only other thing I could think of that might compare in price to a stretchy wrap would be a gauze wrap. Babyette sells gauze wraps for ~$40, so comparable to a Moby. The Portable Baby also sells a wrap currently $35 that is a one-directional spandex stretch woven fabric. I've never tried any either of them, but they both have decent reviews on thebabywearer.com, and would probably work about as well as a Moby. The advantage of a gauze wrap over a stretchy wrap is that it would be cooler, won't sag as much and could potentially be used for back carries (although I don't know how likely it is that your moms would be wanting to do this). However, stretchy wraps are more forgiving of bad wrap jobs, can be pre-tied, and tend to feel softer against the skin.

ETA: Ring slings are a great suggestion too.

Last edited by saturn; 05-08-2013 at 11:59 AM.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

A fb co-op I am on just ran a co-op for Little Frog wraps and ring slings. They come from Poland and are a 100% cotton woven wrap (although they do have a more expensive linen version). The co-op pricing was in the $30-$40 range.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with ring slings, they will have a much longer useful life than a stretchy wrap. Also they aren't as overwhelming at first.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote