Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do your sick kids do during the day?

We do the same. Vegged out in front of the tv. I do send her to her room for quiet time. Even though I really need to stop- she doesn't have quiet time in school and ita more about me then her. But when she is sick she will take a nap during quiet time. She usually goes to her bed if she thinks she is going to sleep. Otherwise its camped out on the couch watching whatever I can find.

Now 2 year ds has to be snuggled with. So same routine excpet I am on the couch with him- covered in the heaviest, hottest blankets we own. Don't know why he likes that. I try to take them off and he throws a massive fit.

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I put them on the couch or DHs leather recliner and let them watch tv. DS1 won't hold still even if he is sick unless he is vegging out. DS1 likes to lay in our bed and watch tv, but I only let him do that if DS2 is sleeping and I can be in the room with him.
Teddyandnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
School age children get the couch, a bucket, and the tv. Younger children get me, the couch, a bucket, and the tv. If they are too young to care about the tv they get everything else and I get the tv as I am stuck on said couch with them.
This exactly.

We do have a small TV that has a built in DVD player so if the older ones are sick i will set them up in their room with that TV since sometimes they want to be alone and thier room is closer to the bathroom.

i always cover the couch with a blanket and a sheet JIK.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
lots of tea, water, soup and TV. I'll cuddle with them and read to them, tickle their backs, whatever they want. My mom wasn't a nurturer and I hated it, so I make sure I go all out with my kids.
That's sweet that your making a difference.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am relieved to hear I'm not the only one who massively overuses the tv. I also make a pot of broth, rice cooked in broth, jello and have ginger ale if they want it. I loved being doted on as a sick kid, and I like to do it for mine too.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
Jleigh8289
Registered Users
seller

When my LOs are sick we all veg in front if Netflix. Lazy days. My kids don't sleep, when their sick, but I have to get them to rest somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Jleigh8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
beckyc
Registered Users

Ok....so your kids eyes dont burn whilst watching TV? Both of my dds complain of burning, watery eyes when they have a fever and watch TV. After reading all the responses, mine must be the weird ones! They just lie and play with their dolls and such. No, scratch that. They call out for me. All. the. time.

I wish they could watch tv during flus.
beckyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They stay in their beds and sleep. I might let them come down and watch one show, but I don't want them to think their body needs tv to heal when it needs rest. I also try to keep the germs contained in one area.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We also lay on the couch (if it's just a fever or sore throat) or the guest room bed, which is downstairs. Pukers go in there with a bucket bc I try my darnedest to keep them away from the others. I also set them up outside once or twice a day, on two patio chairs pushed together, with their pillow and blankie, books, and light snacks. Thankfully we don't get really sick often.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #20
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyc
Ok....so your kids eyes dont burn whilst watching TV? Both of my dds complain of burning, watery eyes when they have a fever and watch TV. After reading all the responses, mine must be the weird ones! They just lie and play with their dolls and such. No, scratch that. They call out for me. All. the. time.

I wish they could watch tv during flus.
If they're feverish they do complain if being sleepy so the TV is off and they sleep. If they're not feverish but not well then they just veg.