Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
birdhouse
Registered Users

One year old peeing on me

No one I know has any idea what to do about this - my son pees on me on purpose whenever I change his diaper. He thinks it's hilarious. I know he's doing it on purpose because I can see him straining to force it out even if he doesn't need to pee. For a while I thought it was because he's always hated having a wet diaper so he just wasn't going (his diapers would be dry), so I tried putting him on the toilet at every diaper change (every hour or so) and he would pee then, which is great. We'd have days when his only wet diapers were from his naps.

However recently he's started saving a little bit of pee just for me for when I put his new diaper on. He'll pee on the toilet and then still pee on the changing table, laughing hysterically the whole time. He is absolutely in control of it.

Obviously I reacted in a funny way at some point and he decided to keep doing it. I try really hard now to not react and tell him he needs to pee in the toilet or his diaper only. I have no idea what to do, other than just potty train him? He can't walk yet and doesn't communicate that he needs to pee, so I don't know how that would go.

Has anyone else ever dealt with something like this?!

Advertisement

birdhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would have a prefold handy and cover his bits with it between diapers. Might take a few times to get the timing right.

Does he do it to anyone else? Dad?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
How old?
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: One year old peeing on me

You need to ignore him. Keep the prefold handy for when he does it and have no reaction at all. He'll soon give up if he's not getting a reaction.....
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ignore him doing it, not him, lol....
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
birdhouse
Registered Users

I've tried just covering it but it's such a wrestling match just getting a new diaper on him that there's inevitably a moment and he seizes it. I also feel like he's trying to tell me something or ??? I don't know. He's 12 months old exactly.
birdhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

He IS hilarious! Quite a creative little one too

What about changing him while he stands up?? Maybe altering your changing situation might throw him off his game.
Good luck!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Give him something very interesting to distract him. A cell phone or something that is way more interesting than peeing on you

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dd would strain and squeeze out a toot at every change. I guess I laughed the first time and then it went on for quite a while. I started completely ignoring the behavior and actually looking away. Not as easy to do with a peeing ds, but could you hold a prefold over his bits and look away until he's done? For dd the blatant lack of attention did the trick.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've seen kids do that. You can tell by the glimmer in their eye that they think it's funny.

It is kind of funny really.

I'd just cover it too. Keep an extra prefold under him, and over him, then change him with another diaper.

If you want to, you can get a potty seat and put him on there. Maybe, if your changing table is big enough, you can set him on the table on his potty, then put his diaper on after he's had a chance to pee. Since he's obviously impressed with himself, maybe he'll keep it up.

My daughter was completely trained by 18 months because she didn't like to wear clothes, but didn't like peeing on her legs either. So, she quickly figured that out. All I did was leave the potty chair out for her to use... I didn't even force her to sit there.