Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
expaik
Registered Users
seller

What is a Swap group?

Can't believe I'm asking this and I did search around for the answer but couldn't find it.

Even in the "swap and coop requirement" sticky, dozens of people ask this question but no one answered it.

I know what a Coop is, but what's a Swap group?

Also - mods - I just put in a request to join and stupidly didn't include my name/address in the box for "reason". I actually put in the reason I wanted to join. Can you cancel my request so I can do it again?

Advertisement

expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is a Swap group?

Once you are approved as a swap participant you can join any of the swaps that are offered in the swap section of the board.

A swap differs from a coop in that there is no money exchanged. To participate you offer your items in exchange for others.

There are some swaps that run frequently like the eswap (everything swap) and some that are open only during certain times of the year like the school supply swap.

I participate in the eswap regularly.

Just this last eswap I got the following items I needed from other mamas:
-new smart wool socks
-Kids dvds
-sun hats
-new men's leather wallet
-new leather planner
-t-shirts for my boys
-some homeschool books

I sent out equivalent trade value of items that I had in my home that I longer needed. In that particular swap there is no guarantee that you get your top picks but swap hostess does her best to get you matched for what you want.

In a FRB Flat Rate Box, you fill FRB with items and list them and hope someone is interested in you box. Some people get creative and create "theme" boxes like "Pamper Mama" or "Cooking in the Kitchen."

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Ah.... thank you so much!! I think I might be more comfortable with the familiar trading scheme in which you know exactly what you're getting for what you send.. but that does sound like fun! I guess you can consider my messed-up join request moot now. :-)
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
For the eswap to ONLY get matched for what you put on your IWL list. So there are no surprises just not guarantees that you get everything you listed on your I Would Like list. You pick from the pics. And descriptions participants put up.

Many of the swaps require pics. and details on items.

In other swaps there is that element of chance depending on who you get paired with because being surprised is part of the fun.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

There are other swaps such as the YFW swap in progress right now. One person sends yarn to be knit plus payment yarn. The other person knits the required item and as payment for services receives yarn. This is how I have been slowly getting yarn for next winters woolies at very little cost to me.