Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
tuxgirl
Registered Users

Trim diaper options? Flat?

Trying to go back to cloth after a month and a half off sposies (just moved states). Ds can't seem to sit up while wearing a kite folded flat with a diapersafari cover and pants. It is too bulky for him. Is there a better fold I should look into? Its a little better in a fuzzibunz elite, but an Alva baby diaper was really bulky too. I can't just replace my entire stash with fuzzibunz. Most of my stash is flats and prefolds.

My ds has some motor delays, and I'm really thinking that if he can't sit in cloth while wearing pants, we will have to probably to right back to sposies.

Advertisement

tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trim diaper options? Flat?

Flip covers or Econobums are the trimmest I've used with flats. Maybe try pad-folding? Nothing unfortunately is going to be quite as thin as a sposie, but if you are determined to use cloth, gdiapers are almost as trim as a sposie. (I'd say they ARE as trim as a sposie, personally.)
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes that honestly has to do with where the diaper is hitting him on his rise. Maybe try going for a higher or lower rise so the bulk of the waist part of the diaper is not hitting him right were he bends if that makes sense. If that doesn't work - I would go for something comfy and stretchy. Sandy's or MEOS fitteds and pull on wool were awesome for that with my boys!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Nana's bottoms are really trim, like sposie trim but in my experience not super absorbent. They are often posted on FSOT so if you want to try some out you could get them there or just order them directly from the site. They are super affordable at around $10/diaper new.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard people say that side snapping diapers can help with this issue...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Peachy Green AIOs and Bottombumpers AIOs are the trimmest diapers we tried. Blueberry Simplex sized AIOs are trim, and the stretchy sides seem comfortable. I personally think side-snapping diapers with front elastic seem the most comfortable for babies when sitting and moving around (ex. Sun Seedlings, ME Sandy's, Nanipoos, Green Acre Designs, Knickernappies, or diapers made from Fattycakes pattern.)
lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also gdiapers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote