Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
heartburn help!!!

So I always get heartburn every prego it is horrible and I always just deal. Guess I am a bigger wuss this time and am not catchign a breat at all. It is continuous from all day and all night, it never goes away just a literal pain in my chest.
I have tried:
papaya enzymes- do nothing

apple cider vinegar- figured if i could do shots of hard liquor(back in the day) then I could def. chug down the acv so put it in a shot glass lol. It actually did go away for about 15min. and then returned just as bad w/o me eating anything.

baking soda- that was disgusting- didn't work

and my last resort yesterday for mother's day wanted to actually feel good so I took reg. strength zantac- nada- didn't even touch it so an hour later I took another one hoping maybe 2 would help- nope. You can only take 2 in 24 hours so that was that.

Besides the constant hb, back pain, being sick, no energy, I am really just tired and cranky all day being in pain.
What have you ladies used for never ending heartburn??
I am already eating way less than usual since even bananas,water give me hb. So don't know what I can cut out food wise.
Any tips appreciated

Advertisement

Last edited by mommyshanti; 05-13-2013 at 07:36 PM.
mommyshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I couldn't deal anymore and started taking previcid. Alka seltzer without aspirin worked sometimes.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If Zantac/Pepcid doesn't work, I like Protonix (prescription). 1 tiny pill each night & the heartburn is gone! Very thankful.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
ekeith28
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: heartburn help!!!

Ditto. Had to get pack to prescriptions!

Get 150,000+ free online coupon codes, printable grocery coupons, restaurant coupons, cash back and more at ShopAtHome.com!
ekeith28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Try a high quality vanilla ice cream, one with pretty clean ingredients. Take less than a tablespoon, I used a regular spoon, not heaping, flat topped, and repeat as necessary. I'm serious, try it, it really works! It lasted a couple of hours for me .
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

is pepcid stronger than zantac or better? my last pregos I usually get some crazy hb that is like gasoline fumes coming up through my chest and throat. This time it is just a constant pain under my breast so you can find me lifting up my boob massaging there and lifting my arm trying to give it room lol. Don't know if it matters the different types or what. I will try the zantac tomorrow first thing in morning and see if it helps better that way. I have a mw who can't do rx's so would have to go into doc to get one and really don;t want to go that route but i am only 7m. so still have awhile to go and have already been through this for about 2m.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
Try a high quality vanilla ice cream, one with pretty clean ingredients. Take less than a tablespoon, I used a regular spoon, not heaping, flat topped, and repeat as necessary. I'm serious, try it, it really works! It lasted a couple of hours for me .
did you say ice cream!!! lol that would be awesome
ok so really when you are having hb just eat a tb. of ice cream?? that i can try lol

wish i had some right now- too bad dh isn't here or i could run and get some

Last edited by mommyshanti; 05-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
mommyshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I, too, have tried everything. With my DS and this pg, I ended up on Protonix. It helps most days but I am still miserable at times.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
birdinhand
Registered Users

I am the heartburn queen . I tried all the natural things you mentioned, plus chiropractic adjustment where he tries to pull something in my chest down. Anything would give me heartburn, even drinking water. Cheese, chocolate, and tomatoes were the worst culprits, but anything would make it happen.

I took Nexium with my first 3 pregnancies, but it was a $30 rx with my 4th so I switched to Prevacid, with is also OTC and very, very similar to Nexium. It does work better than Zantac or Tagamet because it lasts longer. It is safe to take while pregnant. It helps you not wake up choking on stomach acid...

Baking soda can work well if you take about 1 t. to 1 cup of water. It tastes nasty but it is instant relief. BUT, my midwife discouraged it because it can throw off your electrolyte balance; if I take the Prevacid daily, I don't need baking soda.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that's what i did with the baking soda- that was a hard cup to get down yuck
I'd rather do a couple tsp. of acv than that lol but neither work
maybe i'll try the prevacid, took another zantac about an hour ago and still hb. havent eaten anything in about 5 hours and only drank water soooo that's that uggg. would've eaten a lil snack but didn't want to make it worse right before bed. so going to bed hungry