Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my lord, yes! I'm wanting a dozen flats

And yes, they will send out an e-mail when they are in stock

Advertisement

kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Me, I need a dozen or two small pfs
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
Serafina33
Registered Users

Re: Who is waiting on imagine bamboo?

I am pregnant with #3 and used to be so into stalking hard to find diapers when my first two were in diapers, 5-10 years ago. I haven't started posting yet but have been reading for several weeks. I haven't had anything really to contribute until now!

I loved fitteds but my fiance and I bought out dream house last year, and are saving for a wedding next year and just have a really tight budget this year. No way can we splash out on 3 dozen WAHM fitteds (and my tastes go for organic bamboo velour in hand dyed colors, etc....!) the way I did the last time around when my kids were babies.

I was thinking about those imagine bamboo flats (not prefolds because I hate the bulk) as well, because after years and years of switching our household fibers away from cotton and to bamboo (bed linens, socks, underwear, etc), and backwhen I diapered my kids in fancy fitteds 5-10 ago, I'm thinking for the next baby why would I use cotton when I hate the way it line dries stiff and scratchy?

Bamboo!!!! I love that I can hang them to dry and they dry so soft, and they have so many purposes. But, the fabric by the yard is expensive, and 3.85 per flat even seems pricey for a flat (although not awful--buying any kind of bamboo blend fabric would still cost 15 dollars each from stores local to me--my MIL offered to serge the edges if I bought the fabric but local options are quite pricey). Plus ---they are not 100% bamboo which isn't ideal for softness. Max softness (and absorbency!) would be 100% bamboo. I like the traditional muslin material of traditional flats, because of how well they snappi.

SO.... I found 2 dollar (!!) 28" square flats in, 100% bamboo, in a muslin style weave that will allow boingos or snappis to catch extremely well.

But only in the UK. Search for 'little bamboo organic muslin squares' and you will find the product I found, by the 10-pack around fifteen pounds each. A drag to order from England if you are not in England, but shipping is reasonable if you buy several packs at once. I went for 5 packs, 150 flats, and that ends up being about 150 bucks, or 3 dollars each, when shipping costs are added in.

They are available in 5 different UK online baby supply stores but are sold out (or don't ship abroad) in all but one that is called Just Kidding Online (how funny!).

Now to deal with the boredom of white squares. Is it hard to learn to dye your own diapers at home? I have a back yard, buckets, rubber gloves, and school aged kids to help me with a DIY project. Could be fun?
Serafina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi all how much are the Imagine bamboo flats and are they one size or small and large?
And how do I get on the list?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
nikkic1999
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd like a dozen flats.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Hi all how much are the Imagine bamboo flats and are they one size or small and large?
And how do I get on the list?
they are only sold here:
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine-bamboo-flats.html

there is a link by the price that you can add your information to.

Someone posted a link to this website a few days ago
http://www.snootybootydiapers.com/Fl...BTwRg.facebook

they have blueberry bamboo flats available. I ordered a pack since I cant get my hands on imagines. I wasn't sure if it was too good to be true, so I e-mailed them and sure enough they have them!

Last edited by kris10mus; 05-14-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
Kelbel81906
Registered Users
seller

We will have plenty to go around! This is a very large shipment. Right now it looks like arrival will be late next week. Because we literally have to sort and count thousands of dozens, it will be a few days till stocking. So we're shooting for very early the following week. We know how many people are waiting though, so we're prepared to do partial counts and stocks to get them up
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dp
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would love a dozen flats!! I've saved all DDs shower money for diapers and these are on my list!
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am wanting a dozen small pfs, when are they back in stock?