Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Is this normal?

I'm 24 weeks, having some cramping and just went to the bathroom and there was a little blood when I wiped. Not red blood but rediish purplish mucus with the red being a little darker than normal. ( this has happened a handful of times now but I always thought I was overdoing it, not drinking enough water etc. It has been light every time and just the "wiped" part was redish). This time it is darker and there is a little glob of mucus as well.

My belly is sore. I'm sitting and drinking as much water as I can put down, baby is moving. Do I worry?

I have been feeling exhausted, let myself sit on the couch all day yesterday... Felt ok this morning and spent the day cleaning as much as I could. I have anxiety and maybe that is having something to do w it? I've been kinda stressing out today

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?

have you had sex recently?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

No

Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

Ok I was afraid to call my midwives because I'm afraid of becoming high risk and having to go to the hospital for birth. But I called and the nurse said its normal I just need to chill and start taking it easy more

Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let you know that I had a friend that recently had those same things going on (hers was more than one incident). She had an infection and needed antibiotics. So, I'd keep an eye on it, but if it was just one time, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

What kind of infection?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama
Just wanted to let you know that I had a friend that recently had those same things going on (hers was more than one incident). She had an infection and needed antibiotics. So, I'd keep an eye on it, but if it was just one time, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. They treated me before for yeast and a bacterial infection (which felt much different than this) but I'm keeping a close eye from now on and going to try to reduce my stress level and sit down more during the day. Hopefully that'll help

Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
birdinhand
Registered Users

That is worrisome to me. Mucus with some blood and even slight cramping pings my radar as premature labor signs; it is harder to stop premature labor the longer it goes on. Please watch yourself and if you have any worsening symptoms or even doubts, call back and talk to midwife.

Last edited by birdinhand; 05-14-2013 at 06:43 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
That is worrisome to me. Mucus with some blood and even slight cramping pings my radar as premature labor signs; it is harder to stop premature labor the longer it goes on. Please watch yourself and I'd you have any worsening or even doubts, call back and talk to midwife.
I agree. I totally understand the fear of being labeled high risk but that doesn't sound normal to me.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote