Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you have two kids in two different sizes...

...do you do mostly OS or two different stashes? Or two smaller sized stashes and then one OS stash?

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have/had NB and smalls and then all OS. NB for obvious reasons and the smalls because the OS still don't fit right until about 14/15 lbs. All of my fitteds are OS except my KL0s, she still fits them (barely!) at 14.5 lbs and 4 months where the OS are still pretty bulky except my Mutts.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have two kids in two different sizes...

I only have one now but my first two are 20 months apart and were in diapers together. I had a nb stash for the baby that fit until she was about 3 months (I have small babies) and then I switched to OS so they could share. I had 24 OS aios, 4 OS covers, and then 12 pfs in each size they were in so 24 total. I also had 12 flats that were just in case so that they could share those too.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried to have a shared stash with my first two who were 16 months apart, but their absorbency needs and sizes were so different that I ended up with two different stashes. OS diapers that I used on my toddler had stretched out legs, so they didn't work on the skinny baby. THen the toddler started holding and flooding and I started using Thirsties hemp prefolds, size 2, which would have been too much for a small baby.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
I tried to have a shared stash with my first two who were 16 months apart, but their absorbency needs and sizes were so different that I ended up with two different stashes. OS diapers that I used on my toddler had stretched out legs, so they didn't work on the skinny baby. THen the toddler started holding and flooding and I started using Thirsties hemp prefolds, size 2, which would have been too much for a small baby.
This is sort of the issue I think we'll have this time around.

FWIW, my older two are also 16 mos apart. I had no issues having a shared stashed between those two. My oldest was skinny and long and the second was chunkier. So she was in smaller sizes longer and he sized out quicker.

Now I have two in dipes again, but Child Four is chunkier built like his brother while Child Five is shaping up to be skinny and long. I don't think they'll be able to share sizes. I don't typically care for OS diapers on littler babies anyway, but right now anything OS looks ridiculous on Child Five. At 12 pounds, he still fits his newborn diapers nicely (long and lean with a low rise).

I think we will aim to have one small stash, one large stash, and a small shared OS stash for going out... That is, when the OS dipes don't look ridiculous on Child Five.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is the perfect excuse to have 2 stashes, which I have usually done However they are getting closer in size so I am moving to 1 size fitteds and a couple of sizes of AIOs and of course 2 sets of ETPF and a set of rainbow flats.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a nb stash and os stash. I also have sized pfs and a to. Of flats that are os. After NB stage they will share everything other than pfs.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have OS fitteds, sized fitteds for each, prefolds for each, and flats. I mostly use fitteds on the little one since she's EBF, or prefolds. They share covers though!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When I had all boys in diapers they each had diapers set to their own size if they were OS and then some sized of their own, and easy to adjust OS were shared (GMs, Snappiable Fitteds, ect). .
Now that I have a boy and girl in diapers and they aren't even close to fitting in the same size they have separate stashes.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote