Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When do you share?

Hi Mommas!

I was just wondering when do you share your pregnancy? Who do you tell and when? At what point are you comfortable or do you not worry?

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wasn't going to tell people this time until 20 weeks. I caved and told at 4. Ya, I'm no good at keeping secrets. We haven't told the kids though because I don't want them heartbroken if this ends badly like the last one. We will tell them after the 20 week anatomy scan.

My husband wore a shirt with a stick guy and girl. The girl figure had a big giant circle baby bump. It said 'mission accomplished'. It was great!!

Last edited by Tina5834; 05-15-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Well...our first pregnancy we waited until 12 weeks and then shared. We then found out we lost the baby. :,(

Second pregnancy we shared right away because we needed support after our loss. (We ended up having a second miscarriage)

Third pregnancy we shared at 7 weeks after seeing a beating heart on a sono. (DD is almost 2)

Forth pregnancy we shared around 7 weeks as well and I'm 36 weeks tomorrow.

I think it's totally up to you and what you want to do though. If you want to share...share. If there is a reason you want to wait then wait. It's a very personal choice. People have told me I'm "wrong" for telling people so early with a history of loss. I tell them flat out that its easier for me to say we are pregnant!!!! And then have to say that we lost the baby than to say. We were pregnant but lost the baby all at one time. My heart can't handle that as well for some reason.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you share?

Pregnancy 1 & 2 told right away and had a m/c
Pregnancy 3 I told my mom right away. Dh's fam and friends around 10+ weeks.
Pregnancy 4 same as above.
Pregnancy 5 told my mom right away. Waited until 11 weeks to tell everyone else.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We told family right away. The same day/week we found out from the home tests. That same week I told really close friends as well. I waited a little while to tell random friends, but still within the first tri. It was what I felt comfortable with and if something did happen I would have wanted their support.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Right away both times. Family first then Facebook (not as close family & friends)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Family - the day I POAS. BFF - the day I POAS. Everyone else closer to 10-12 weeks, except this time, my DS1 saw the sticks, asked what they were, and I didn't lie to him...within 24 hours, pretty much the whole world knew.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tell parents and in laws right away. Tell my kids and everyone else late in the first trimester
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First time we did our main announcement at 11 weeks. This I told work at 11 weeks but the main announcement happened at 10 weeks. (told DS at 9 weeks) Mostly because there was a good reason. The first time it was my 30th birthday party so we had a big party and told people. This time I was going to an overnight bachorette party and i kinda had to or lie about why I wasn't drinking. This time it also was a bit hard to hide -- I guess I don't look crazy PG to the world but I look it to me. If it was just fat I would be wearing different clothes.

We told immediate family the first time about 8 weeks (we only took the test at 5 weeks) on mother's day. This time we told at 6 weeks (I "knew" at 3 weeks, test at 4) because it was Easter and it made since to get it out of the way. I wasn't fully comfortable telling at 6 weeks but...

So for us it has been a bit more what fits into our schedule. I would say waiting until over 10 weeks makes since for general public.

For the record I have never had an official loss but I know I wouldn't be comfortable telling anybody that we had a loss. Not even my parents really. If we had a loss and we hadn't told yet, I might not tell anyone.

So I guess I am just really positive that things are good. I really hope so.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-15-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
sdsmrs
Registered Users
seller

For my first 5, we were telling people pretty quickly. With the 5th I found out at 18 weeks the baby didn't make it. Then we got pregnant a few months later but didn't tell many people except for family, church family and close friends. Again, at 18 weeks I found out I lost that one. Since many people didn't know, the support wasn't as great as the first. I am currently expecting again - 19.5 weeks today. We told after the first U/S, probably around 10 weeks. We needed that support system and there was no way of keeping it secret much longer. Being my 7th pregnancy, I was starting to show. The support has been great though. Our church family is so supportive, they have been through 2 losses with us so they are looking forward to this baby as well.