Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

With our first we told family right away, but didn't tell anyone else until I was 12-13 weeks

With this one we told no one except a few of my close friends, and at 11 weeks we went home for Christmas and announced to friends family and everyone

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Announced to everyone after an u/s at 10 weeks with my first. Told my mom and my cousin right away with my second, but only because it meant I was going to be in my cousin's wedding while 37 weeks pregnant and I wanted her to have enough time to pick another bridesmaid if she wanted. Told everyone else after an u/s at 8 weeks. No early u/s this time, but we told after hearing the hb at 12 weeks.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
kanga1622
Registered Users

Re: When do you share?

We don't tell family until 9 weeks, then work around 12 weeks.

That meant both our losses we kept to ourselves until we were ready to share (during subsequent pregnancies we did mention that we'd has losses).
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

First baby we told everyone right away.
Second baby I told my mom, brother, dad, little sister and bff right away, school at 15 weeks, school friends at 20 weeks and my extended family at like 30 weeks.
This baby I told my mom, my brother, dad, little sister and grandma right away (grandma was really not happy about finding out at 30 weeks the time before), charge nurses at 6 weeks (we had a patient with TB and CMV, plus I can't handle certain medications or patients with radioactive implants or contrasts), extended family at 17 weeks (in Christmas Cards) but I think my grandma had blabbered to everyone, facebook at 20 weeks and at that point the cat was out of the bag.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With #1, we told our closest couple of friends right away and we told family at 10 weeks, a week or so after the initial u/s looked good. We told the rest of the world at 12 weeks. With this one, I told my closest couple of friends right away. We told family at 8 weeks because it was Christmas and we wanted to tell them in person. We told the rest of the world at 12 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First baby -- everyone immediately (family first on the day we found out, then everyone else a week later -- mainly because a. I'm a bad secret keeper and b. It was New Year's Eve and everyone wondered why I was not drinking.

Second baby -- pretty much everyone immediately.

First loss -- had started to tell everyone, was really upset and had to share our loss with people I might not have shared it with (or at least not on those terms)

Second loss -- hadn't told anyone but my immediate family (never had dark lines, very early loss)

This baby -- I'm trying to not tell everyone but I've already told my whole family, DH's mom and a few close friends. Will probably tell more people after I hear a hb (or I vomit on them -- the other people -- whatever comes first)
Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
karikos
Registered Users
seller

We told my family the day after we found out and I was 7 weeks. I can't remember if DH told his family then or not. We posted the news on FB at 12 weeks, after we had our 12 week ultrasound, for extended friends and family.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

We told close family and friends right after I got a dark line both times. Announced in Facebook after 8 week u/s both times. I get really nervous reading about other losses. Especially after hearing the hb etc. but I don't think I would have changed what I did.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it's a little different for us; there's a lot of appointments, u/s, medications & side-effects with the fertility treatments, so most family & close friends & immediate coworkers know when we're TTC, so they ask frequently for status updates. I tell my mom usually after my 1st u/s @ 5 wks, close friends knew by 6 wks this time, and I think my coworkers asked the day of my beta. Close friends specifically asked, so they knew @ 6 wks, & we told DP's family right away, but coworkers & my family just found out it's twins @ approx 11 wks.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Second trimester with both babies.

Sorta... My sister was praying and fasting for us for DD, so we told her and immediate family right away. Everyone else around 13 weeks.

For DS, my mom came camping with us at 10 weeks, so we told her then. Everyone else at the second trimester.

Sorta drives DH nuts, but I like a heartbeat before telling people. Always thought it was silly to be all 'I just peed on a stick!' and think at a minimum, people should get an official dr test first. But it's their choice.