Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Hannah24
Registered Users
seller

Shipping 10 diapers

I have never shipped anything before. How do I go about shipping 10 aio diapers? They will pay though PayPal if that matters and wanting the cheapest method please.

Advertisement

Hannah24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm no shipping guru, but I would guess that a medium flat rate box might be your best bet for that many diapers.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Shipping 10 diapers

Sometimes, I can squish quite a few into a flat rate envelope (in a plastic bag first to smash out any air, then into the envelope). I keep them on hand to give it a try as that is the most affordable way to go and it has the $50 insurance included. I HAVE had the post office lose expensive packages before. It would depend on the brand. I believe I could fit that many Grovia, thirsties etc but maybe not a thicker brand.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
ICU81MI
Registered Users
seller

You can try the flat rate regional boxes. I find the regional A is similar to a flat rate medium and about $2 cheaper. I sell a lot on eBay. If the weight is greater than 3lbs you need to go flat rate. If very heavy USPS is overpriced, get a FedEx account. FedEx is the best for large and heavy packages. Base FedEx cost is about $10.

For diapers you can open then up, put them in a plastic bag and squeeze out any air. Probably 6 can fit in a medium flat rate.
eBay forums have lots of shipping tips. Good luck
ICU81MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:36 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would weight them, it's either going to be a flat rate priority box (around $12) or just straight priority. you could try a flat rate padded envelope but you got to order them (for free) from usps.com. Might work if they are newborn diapers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've shipped a lot of diapers before, and I don't think 10 diapers of any kind/brand would fit in a padded fre.
My best advice is use paypal shipping and get Regional Rate A boxes. They fit a lot, and are usually cheaper than flat rate boxes, and depending on where you are shipping, they can be a lot cheaper. I like the side loading ones.
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote