Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
jenslp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
sloom/sbish questions

Am I correct that the Happy Little Clouds is basically the same as snapless multi but in 2 sizes and with snaps? So basically same fabric and absorbency but maybe better fitting and with snaps?

Also, what is the difference between standard fabric and the velour? Are there absorbency differences or is the velour just softer??

Thanks!

Advertisement

jenslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Hlc have snaps and the insert is a long soaker with snaps half way down so it folds in half and snaps in. It's nice for when dh doesn't want to snappi or pin but the fit is better with snapless and I love that I can make snapless trimmer if I only actually need the absorbency of one insert. As far as the regular (bamboo terry) vs the velour there are a few differences. The terry is like a bath towel but finer thread twists if that makes sense. They are super crazy soft like a luxury baby blanket when new and can stay soft if using vaska or ecover softener each wash. Otherwise they are still soft but no where near new softness after 4 months. They start to bald a bit earlier than the terry as well but the nice thing about this version is they can be snappi'd on. Boingos work but can cause holes. The velour is crazy soft but it Sherpas after 4 months use so it's still soft but sort of matted flat. These aren't able to be snappi'd or boingod the company says they are only pinnable. I live the velour but I like the vhlc a bit better than the snapless because sometimes I don't have time for pins.

Eta: velour does seem to hold maybe an ounce more no major difference.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
jenslp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sloom/sbish questions

Thanks so much that's very helpful! I exclusively use flats but have been wanting to try other options that might be easier for my husband, so I thought I'd get a couple Mother-ease and a couple Sloomb for him to try.
jenslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
mochi
Registered Users
seller

Re: sloom/sbish questions

Glad this question was asked because I've been wondering which sbish fitted to get: HLC or the snapless ones. I liked that the snapless is customizable, but also like the convenience of the snapped HLC diapers.
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote