Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Bleeding after Sex

So I have had everything checked out with my doctor, went to the ER once, had my 20 week ultrasound early at 18 weeks today (it's a boy!!!! We are thrilled!!!) and I have no complications. My cervix looks great, my placenta isn't low lying, my doctor is sure there are no issues. However it's unnerving that after intercourse I have some spotting. I know she said this is totally normal in some women. I suppose I'm a part of that group. I know your cervix is more sensitive and way more full of blood when pregnant and anything brushing against it can cause bleeding. I just don't like seeing it...has another else had this issue?

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I do. I always have spotting after DTD when I'm pregnant. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and still have the spotting. It's unnerving (especially after 2 losses) but my midwife and PCP say its very normal. I've had one successful pregnancy after spotting every time we DTD and I'm almost done with another pregnancy and I've spotted every time this time too.

Hopefully you can relax a keep calm about it. I know that's MUCH easier said than done.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Bleeding after Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
I do. I always have spotting after DTD when I'm pregnant. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and still have the spotting. It's unnerving (especially after 2 losses) but my midwife and PCP say its very normal. I've had one successful pregnancy after spotting every time we DTD and I'm almost done with another pregnancy and I've spotted every time this time too.

Hopefully you can relax a keep calm about it. I know that's MUCH easier said than done.
This is so comforting to me. Thank you so much. I have had one loss also and currently everything is going great with this baby boy (so exciting I can say boy now!!!) My poor DH feels so bad afterwards though. But this helps me to breathe a lot easier. He keeps saying "We'll just whisper." His little silly way of saying we will take it easier. But it's very comforting to know I'm not alone.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

We try to take it easy too but sometimes it just doesn't happen congratulations on your baby boy!!! We are due June 13th with a baby girl. daddy will be outnumbered 3:1 here soon.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29
We try to take it easy too but sometimes it just doesn't happen congratulations on your baby boy!!! We are due June 13th with a baby girl. daddy will be outnumbered 3:1 here soon.
Yeah I don't think I could make it very long...waiting until this appt was torture lol. This is our first child. And I come from a lot of girls on my side of the family so a boy is a new adventure for sure. I'm so excited! He has a lot of boys on his side but it's the first grandchild in 15 years and on my side the first grandchild period for my parents. It's been a crazy good year! We got married last June and in 5 months we will have our baby boy. Congrats on your little one. She will be here so soon!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always did as well. Bleeding and crazy BH contractions after sex every time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
I always did as well. Bleeding and crazy BH contractions after sex every time.

It's just crazy that some don't bleed at all and here we are. Our crazy bodies lol. I feel more normal now.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I frequently spot after sex, especially this time around (2nd pregnancy). I also get BH. Honestly, I started spotting a bit more after DTD after I had my DS and I frequently did before I even got pg this time. My OB said this is common since your body grows more blood vessels when you are pg but they don't ever go away after you deliver.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:

All of this helps a lot
Old 05-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Dragon Companion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've spotted about 70% of the time after dtd with all five of my pregnancies and they are all healthy kiddos.
Dragon Companion is offline   Reply With Quote