Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Best bouncer/jumper for a skinny baby?

My baby is 19 weeks now (4.5 months), and she is rarin' to go! I'd like to get her a bouncer/jumper/exer-saucer, but she is long and thin...25 3/4 inches and 12 pounds, 15 ounces at her 4-month check up! Do any of you mamas out there have recommendations or advice? Some of the jumpers I've seen (fisher-price, baby Enstein) are rrrreally busy, and my little girl is easily over-stimulated, so something simple would be best for us.

I'll take clothing recommendations, too, if you have them. What brands work best for skinny minis? Thanks, mamas!

aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I didn't think the rainforest Jumperoo was overly stimulating. She was 26in at 4 months and 16lbs. But not skinny.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I just put a baby blanket around dd1-my skinny mini. She to was easily over stimulated so I would take off different toys, leaving only about half the toys on. As for clothes it really varied. I could buy target brand 3-6mos and it would fit great but then 6-9mos wouldnt. It was always trail and error.
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
My Mood:
Re: Best bouncer/jumper for a skinny baby?

I used a baby blanket in it for my son. It worked great.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:

I don't think size matters for jumpers or saucers. My girls tend to be really thin as babies. Neither one of them hit 20 lbs until they were about 2. I think my youngest dd was closer to 3, she was FTT. My boys are tubby, though! My 5 mo old is 16 lbs and he was born 4 weeks early. Other ds was 20 lbs by 6 mo. I'm not sure why the difference, as babies. Probably because my boys are crabby and want to nurse constantly.

As far as clothes go, I've found that it really depends on length more than weight. My oldest dd is very tall, and always has been, so she had to wear bigger clothes even though she didn't meet the lbs. My youngest dd was both short and skinny, so she wore smaller sizes. I have a picture of her at a year old wearing the same 36 month sleeper that my ds is wearing now.

Brands are a matter of taste and budget. Janie and Jack tends to run big, Tea tends to run small, Naartjie and Gymboree are pretty true to size. Jut buy what you like and can afford.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Users

I don't think skinny will matter much for any device - they are all height adjustable, too. My 1st son enjoyed the Rainforest Jumperoo - it is not that busy - and often we don't turn on the lights/music. My 2nd son doesn't care for the jumperoo but has been in a couple of exersaucers that he seems to like. I'd just try to get one that doesn't have lights/music.
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote