Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Kiddie pool

Anyone have any good kiddie pool recommendations for my 14 month old?

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Kiddie pool

We've had the big hard plastic one from Wal-Mart since my oldest was thirteen months. It's the one with the tiny built in slide, I think it cost about $33 or so now. He is now seven and we've added two more children and its held up fantastically!! That first year we only filled it very shallow, but it has been a big hit every summer. My kids have used it tons, as well as nieces, nephew's, friends, etc, and we've never had any kinds of issues with it. It is a bit of a pain to store, but worth it in my opinion.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a 15 month old little man and we have the pop up pool. I think my mil found it at bjs for less than $20. It's small but we have a small yard so its all that would fit.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The plastic pools like the pp said are awesome. We've done different sizes over the years. They hold up great. In the winter we often store it in our storage room downstairs so we can make it into a ball pit occationally. We've never gone as big as the one with a slide (no room in our yard) but we've had both the super little one and the medium size one and both were awesome.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found a really little blow up pool at Target for my niece's 1st birthday. It's only about 2 feet in diameter, but really, it's perfect for that young. And, storage is really easy, as it's so small. It was less than $5. As she gets older, you'd probably want to go with a sturdier plastic one, but for a first pool, I think the blowup ones are good.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

We've done the inflatable ones before, and they get so slimy. Are the hard plastic ones (I'm picturing the blue or green ones from my childhood, right?) better as far as cleanliness? Someone told me today she puts a cap if chlorox in it and that helps - any opinions?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
We've had the big hard plastic one from Wal-Mart since my oldest was thirteen months. It's the one with the tiny built in slide, I think it cost about $33 or so now. He is now seven and we've added two more children and its held up fantastically!! That first year we only filled it very shallow, but it has been a big hit every summer. My kids have used it tons, as well as nieces, nephew's, friends, etc, and we've never had any kinds of issues with it. It is a bit of a pain to store, but worth it in my opinion.
My fix to the pain to store: I drilled a hole in the top of the rim and it hangs on a nail flat against he garage wall. We have the largest one WalMart had last year without a slide.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
We've done the inflatable ones before, and they get so slimy. Are the hard plastic ones (I'm picturing the blue or green ones from my childhood, right?) better as far as cleanliness? Someone told me today she puts a cap if chlorox in it and that helps - any opinions?
What the pool is made out of has nothing to do with how slimy it gets. If you leave water in the pool its going to start growing stuff. Just dump it and let it air dry when your done with it for the day.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

We just got the 5 ft plastic slide one , too. It was a HUGE hit at a party this weekend. Held up after a ton of rough play from tons of kids, some nearly 70-lbs! Fabulous pool!

We got our at BRU with a 20%-off coupon and a $5-off coupon!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #10
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My vote would have to be for the hard plastic type. More durable, and the inflatable ones are made of toxic pvc.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote