Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Re: Swimming costume for toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
My son loved this http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 at 2. This year we got a puddle jumper. He even jumped off the diving board wearing the tube one.
omg, that just took me back... I used to have a red one when I was a child!!

Advertisement

madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #12
linz2491
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE=

And I love that you call it a costume [/QUOTE]

She is probably from England or Europe. That is what my sisters English in laws call it too. Holiday is what they call a vacation.
Lindsay, mom to intact boys Aidan 12 Roan 7 and Gabby Rose 5 :no longer breastfeeding, or cloth diapering, sometimes co sleeping, had 2 unassisted home births, but still non vaxing, unassisted home birthing and home schooling
linz2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

We go to the beach a lot during the summer. I have my boys wear the rash guard with uv protection. They also wear body glove life vests. They can't swim yet and the ocean is so rough I don't feel comfortable letting them wear anything else. I keep them slathered in sunblock and try to make them wear hats. DS2 wears a swim diaper.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Swimsuit is all she needs.

PLEASE DO NOT purchase any floatie related device. They are HORRIBLE. They give kids a false sense of security and can end up doing more harm. They do no good. They do not have kids in the proper position to learn to swim. They let the kids think they can swim when they can't. They are horribly cumbersome. I could go on and on.

I had to save a little boy in our pool b/c he had given his friend his floatie and then since he is so used to having it on jumped in after his friend. His mom was standing right there but also assumed he just had his floatie on. I jumped in and grabbed him as it was quicker to do that then to tell his mom.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Love love love our puddle jumper.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

We got a puddle jumper and it works great! A swim suit and water shoes and floppy hat, and you're set.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane
Swimsuit is all she needs.

PLEASE DO NOT purchase any floatie related device. They are HORRIBLE. They give kids a false sense of security and can end up doing more harm. They do no good. They do not have kids in the proper position to learn to swim. They let the kids think they can swim when they can't. They are horribly cumbersome. I could go on and on.

I had to save a little boy in our pool b/c he had given his friend his floatie and then since he is so used to having it on jumped in after his friend. His mom was standing right there but also assumed he just had his floatie on. I jumped in and grabbed him as it was quicker to do that then to tell his mom.
A two year old is not going to be giving a floatie away...

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kids rarely drown at the beach. They don't go in the water far enough. So, I wouldn't get one that floats, but I would get one that protects from the sun.

If you are going to be at a pool, i'd consider a life vest for the pool, or a lake or river...but, not the ocean.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
A two year old is not going to be giving a floatie away...
They DO though. They take those things off all the time. Or mom takes them off to get ready to leave, and you turn around with all your towels in hand, and the kid is just gone. If the pool is crowded, you would have a hard time finding a child in the pool.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For DD, we do a rash guard and boy-cut swim bottoms, then a Puddle Jumper. She can't unclip it herself. She's 3yo.

DS2 is 14mo and wears shorts and a rash guard, no floaties. He's not the dare devil DD was at that age. He's content to splash water near the steps. DD would purposely crawl or walk right into the pool so she wasn't allowed in the backyard at all without a Puddle Jumper or life vest. She's gotten way better and will bring us her PJ if she wants in the water.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote