Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What's Going on With my Weird Headaches??

I'm an AMA mom- I'll be just about 36 when baby is due. This is my 7th pregnancy. I've never had any weird symptoms or complications with any of my other pregnancies. I had some blood sugar stuff toward the end of my last pregnancy and have had to be a bit careful this time as well, but I'm not convinced this is related to anything like that.

Anyway- this is what is happening. If anyone has experienced this or has any clue what it is or whether I should be concerned, I would be appreciative.

I'm getting headaches, but they're a bit more bizarre than just normal. It almost always starts with a bit of a visual disturbance. I get kind of a bright, dancy blurred vision spot to the right of the my area of vision. Once or twice, it's been dancy across my whole field of vision. That lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to up to an hour. As that fades away, the headache comes on- always around my left temple area. It ranges from mild to moderate, and last anywhere from a few hours to most of a day. I was having these once a week or so, but now it's several times a week. I had one yesterday and have had one today already. I'm 28 weeks.

My prenatal appts. all look normal. No excessive blood pressure readings, my sugars are hitting good, nothing in urine, etc.

What gives?

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It sounds related to blood pressure. Usually those are symptoms of high blood pressure but I get similar dizzy on standing while pregnant due to LOW blood pressure.

I got in the habit of asking what my bp numbers mean. I find often they'll either not tell you the numbers or just tell you the numbers and not what they mean. So when they tell me the numbers, I ask if that's high or low? Good or bad? My midwife was the first one to tell me that my numbers on the low side. Come to find out, my mom had the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I had those exact headaches when my blood pressure shot up all of a sudden I was just lucky one episode happened while at dr cause when it was took it was normal no more than a few minutes later it shot up real high & I "saw the light" as I called it. I ended up hospitalized that night & on magnesium to get it down quickly ' had to deliver emergency csection. These things come on quick & no warning cause I was always in perfect Health & no Bp problem. Call your dr. ASAP & talk with them about it make sure your not getting pre-e or hellp syndrome. It sounds like how I did also so check to be sure.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hormones?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's Going on With my Weird Headaches??

i got them too, and my bp was always perfect. i had SEVERAL a week from 9 weeks until 20 weeks or so. i had them DAILY from 2 weeks after conception, for about two weeks.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The visual disturbance you're describing is called an "aura" and is a symptom of migraines. I recommend taking magnesium to help prevent them.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, pretty much it could be totally routine/normal, or it could be really serious and need medical attention ASAP?

Gah. That is SO the story of this entire pregnancy. I have worried almost every single day since getting a BFP. It's like the universe knows that this is going to be my last rodeo and it needs to to be SUPER exciting.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Migraines during pregnancy are pretty "normal". I wouldn't panic over them.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy
The visual disturbance you're describing is called an "aura" and is a symptom of migraines.
This is my thought too. I had tons of them right after I delivered DS (I had a history of them before that too). They are commonly triggered by hormonal changes. Try to rest in a quiet, dark room when it happens.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OP, just talk to your doctor about them. I wouldn't freak out too much but the auras always make me panic, even though I have had them many times. Hopefully your doctor can offer some reassurance.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote