Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Biking During Pregnancy, Yes or No?

Thanks for the responses and tips! I'm 21 weeks today, so my belly is small and at the moment I'm comfortable enough to bike. Not sure what my balance is like, it seems ok, but I'll test out my bike and see how I feel. I can't wait to take my bike out again!

Happily married to my first love . SAHM to 2 sweet boys and 1 sweet girl. Missing my 8 week angel.
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
Registered Users
I was pretty in shape during pregnancy, but fell off my bike at 7 months. It was super embarrassing and I basically just lost balance and fell off. I blacked out and was very sore. Didn't hit my belly though so doctor was never worried.
crowbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
Registered Users
Re: Biking During Pregnancy, Yes or No?

If you feel comfortable doing it, do it.
I did up until 2 weeks before my son was born, then it got too cold, not because I felt uncomfortable. But I did have a scare where I was going under a bridge and some kid threw leaves over the bridge. Of course, I didn't know what it was and fell off my bike in a scare (I initially thought they were rocks). Just be careful; people around you can be so stupid and careless
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Bicycling is great when you are pregnant! I had pelvic pain during the second half of my pregnancy and found walking and driving extremely uncomfortable. I biked to work and everywhere else until the day my water broke. It may have helped give me the stamina for my 30 hour labor.

Don't obsess about whether it's safe... You can get hurt riding in a car too, and per hour of travel the risk is about the same. Just make sure you know the basics of riding safely: stay off the sidewalk and out of the swing of opening car doors, observe red lights and stop signs, use lights at night, signal turns, make sure your bike fits you and is well maintained, and so on. Cheers!
urbanhomesteader is offline   Reply With Quote