Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
k_apple
Registered Users
seller

Moving to Omaha, NE, help!

Moving to Omaha!

We are moving to Omaha in a month for my husband to finish his PhD at UNO. We will be moving in a month and need to look for a place to buy or rent. I need recommendations! We will be on a tight budget so I know we will have few options. Here is our criteria:

- close to UNO, only have one car and my husband is going to ride his bike to work/school
- safe neighborhood to raise kids
- safe neighborhood for walking (or bike riding leisurely. Bike paths would be awesome, if they exist in Omaha)
- preferably close to a park, but not necessary

I know nothing about Omaha, except that they have trader joes and chic-fil-a, ha ha. So any information will be extremely helpful! And please be specific about the areas, maybe give cross streets??

Thank you so much for your help!

Advertisement

k_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
cding mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving to Omaha, NE, help!

If you search "UNO" you should come up with some cute houses near by. I live further west, but have friends that live down there. UNO is at 72nd street, between Dodge and Pacific.

Omaha is a great place to raise a family. The zoo and the children's museums are definitely worth the yearly pass, along with going out to the Storm Chasers games. If you look, you can find tons of stuff to do. I find more things to do here than I ever did when I lived in KC. I graduated from UNO so your husband should love it!

cding mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
k_apple
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cding mama
If you search "UNO" you should come up with some cute houses near by. I live further west, but have friends that live down there. UNO is at 72nd street, between Dodge and Pacific.

Omaha is a great place to raise a family. The zoo and the children's museums are definitely worth the yearly pass, along with going out to the Storm Chasers games. If you look, you can find tons of stuff to do. I find more things to do here than I ever did when I lived in KC. I graduated from UNO so your husband should love it!
Thank you for your comment! I am looking forward to the children's museum, does the zoo have an annual pass? We move in a week, so need to get ready to explore options for children
k_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Vintagebikegirl
Registered Users
seller

Dundee area is awesome. Close to UNO, great elementary school, close to everything. Close to Elmwood and memorial park. Very bike friendly, diverse neighborhood and always affordable places to rent. Was also listed one if the top 10 neighborhoods in the country. PM me if you want.
Vintagebikegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
lily221
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey are you here yet? Just found this thread! Hope you found an awesome place. If you need anything feel free to post or pm!