Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #141
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So has anyone tried the new scent? I'm a huge fan of sage advice and it's time to reorder. Considering another scent, but not sure if I should risk it

Advertisement

pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #142
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: NEW SCENT! Gentle but STRONG Deodorant & Beat the Yeast Diapersticks

Nope, no one but me has tried it. I just made up the batch two days ago.

Remember that Sage Advice will be stronger than the other current deo scents. So if you need it strong, Sage Advice is the one for you. (Although, fwiw, I'm going to make one other sage scent called Fresh Wonder with lime and a bit of eucalyptus and lemongrass once I run low on my current Sage Advice stock; I thought some people who are allergic to lavender, who love eucalyptus, or who just feel like switching up scents might like a new one.)

Sage Advice is my favorite scent, honestly, apart from the fact that I need sage's power. I came up with a bunch of other sage-based scents, but other than the eucalyptus one, which was more distinct, they all felt like imitations of Sage Advice. I use remainders from all my batches this time of year. But SA is just my personal keeper. Still, I'm having fun meeting a variety of palates and needs.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #143
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Nope, no one but me has tried it. I just made up the batch two days ago.

Remember that Sage Advice will be stronger than the other current deo scents. So if you need it strong, Sage Advice is the one for you. (Although, fwiw, I'm going to make one other sage scent called Fresh Wonder with lime and a bit of eucalyptus and lemongrass once I run low on my current Sage Advice stock; I thought some people who are allergic to lavender, who love eucalyptus, or who just feel like switching up scents might like a new one.)

Sage Advice is my favorite scent, honestly, apart from the fact that I need sage's power. I came up with a bunch of other sage-based scents, but other than the eucalyptus one, which was more distinct, they all felt like imitations of Sage Advice. I use remainders from all my batches this time of year. But SA is just my personal keeper. Still, I'm having fun meeting a variety of palates and needs.
Sage advice worked immediately, so I don't think I need the sage, I just like the scent and don't think I'd like the Paradise scent.

The fresh wonder sounds intriguing though
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #144
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
Sage advice worked immediately, so I don't think I need the sage, I just like the scent and don't think I'd like the Paradise scent.

The fresh wonder sounds intriguing though
Well, that scent should be an option in another month or so I guess depending on how fast the sage advice stock goes. For some reason, on etsy people are going for the floral more, whereas here on DS almost everyone buys the sage.

Re: Imagination, palmarosa is a little hard to describe. It is sometimes used in place of rose oil by perfumers, but the scents are not identical. (In fact I am allergic to rose oil but am ok w/ palmarosa, so that's a plus.) I believe palmarosa contains a fair amount of geraniol in its chemical breakdown (think geraniums). So perhaps mingle roses with geraniums and lavender in your mind. I'm wearing some Imagination right now. My pits smell sweeter than they do with the other deos.

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #145
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bump!

Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #146
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just FYI, Pinktoes, the Fresh Wonder blend will probably take a bit longer to get out. I am reassessing its constituents. I have two more oils en route that I may be adding and one that I may be taking out.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #147
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but STRONG Deodorant & Beat the Yeast Diapersticks, Trial Sizes in 2 Scent

Bump--trial size sage advice and imagination available too!

Old 02-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #148
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but STRONG Deodorant & Beat the Yeast Diapersticks, Trial Sizes in 2 Scent

ETA 2/1/2014: As I have made the transition to almost all organic ingredients (two of which are visually a bit different in properties than their predecessors and several of which have a different scent), have necessarily found a new beeswax supplier, and have bought better measuring instruments, somewhere along the line the deodorant came to feel a bit less powdery and hard. New customers seem to like the feel well enough, but one old customer was disappointed at the pastiness, which makes for a slightly thicker application (roll the applicator up only a tiny bit to counteract this). I myself have begun to use the latest batch of deodorant and agree that the consistency is a bit different, although I see pros and cons to it. Old customers have valued that thin application, so I agree with my old customer that it would be best if it were a little harder, although maybe not quite as hard as before. For the first time in over a year, therefore, I do intend to make a slight alteration in the recipe in coming months as to better approximate the original feel despite property changes in the new ingredients. Hopefully this will achieve the right balance for everyone's interests and will be the sole recipe for years to come. In the meanwhile, if you are an old customer and note a consistency change or a new customer who orders two scents and discovers two slightly different consistencies in them, please be assured that I have not lessened the quantities of any active ingredients and that you are actually getting a higher quality product as I incorporate these better-sourced ingredients. I put a high premium on integrity, consistency, and quality and was disappointed to see that my positive changes resulted in a consistency issue that disappointed at least one customer. I had suspected something was a little different though and am so grateful that she contacted me!

Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #149
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: SALE! Gentle but STRONG Deodorant & Beat the Yeast Diapersticks

Bump

Old 02-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #150
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: SALE! Gentle but STRONG Deodorant & Beat the Yeast Diapersticks

Enjoying the new scent Deb! Smells like sweet lemons to me...